Charles Fischer

Noon ESPN for Mens Basketball: Will the Ducks Hold Onto 1st Place?

Sunday noon on ESPN!  Great exposure for OBD!

If we beat Utah on Sunday, then we still have a game lead going into playing the Arizona teams next week.  Go Ducks!

Pac12 Standings 1-20-23.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

We can always be hopeful. But after watching the CO game I think we'll be lucky to take 1 out of the next 3 games. I won't be holding my breath...

The Curse at Colorado has been present for Oregon in even the best years. Yet we have won at Salt Lake City in the past, and have a real shot at doing so again...

image.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Utah will be an interesting game, they have two 7 footer's that start down low. Evans will have to step up and guard one of these guy for a good part of the game.

Carlson averages 17.2 points and Keita averages 9.9 they combined for 35 points agents OSU which is a small ball team.

Judging from last game Dante may not be allot of help hope Bittle is good too go he's probably still in good shape as he had a wrist injury and could still run. Diawara needs to foul less and stay in the game longer or this could get ugly down low.

I did not realize until now that we are on ESPN for the noon game, thus great exposure.  If anyone wants to chat about the game as it happens or afterward--this is a good thread for it!

Jadrian Tracey has really come in and given the Ducks scoring punch and energy the last two games...

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

The reality is that it’s probably going to take awhile for Dante and Biddle to get up to speed. Hopefully Dante plays better today but it’s definitely trial by fire for sure. The ducks usually do really well against Utah and have won there many times. They also really excel against the Arizona schools at home.

Arizona did not look all that hot yesterday against UCLA.  They are overrated as a top 10 school.  This coming week's games against the Arizona schools will be very telling.

But one game at a time - just play freely today against Utah.  The Ducks looked really tight and couldn't really solve the Colorado defense.  Shelstad and Evans should have better games today and I'm sure the extra effort will be there.  I'm taking the Ducks moneyline!

Edited by Graziani93
  • Applause 1

Hopefully they show up with an upbeat tempo, better ball movement and some good old fashioned scrappiness.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like seeing Tracy start the game, to bad he has already picked up his second foul.

Ducks up 33-32 at the half with 21 of those points coming from the 3 point line. Dante is looking really good on D hope he can keep up the pace.