NJDuck

Ohio State’s Bill O’Brien Reportedly Leading Candidate for Boston College HC Job

Ryan Day's recent hire of Bill O'Brien as Ohio State's offensive coordinator might be short-lived, as O'Brien is a leading candidate to become the next Boston College head coach, per FOX Sports' Bruce Feldman.

O'Brien, a Boston native, made his name as an assistant in New England, helping Bill Belichick, Tom Brady & Co. to the Super Bowl as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 2011 before departing for Penn State. He also had a successful stint in the same role under Nick Saban at Alabama in 2021 and 2022, helping quarterback Bryce Young become a Heisman Trophy winner and the first overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.

BC wanting to hire quickly.  According to Bruce Feldman, "Boston College is hustling to get its new head coach by the end of this week.  The Eagles also are looking for a guy with head coaching experience."  Could his stint at Ohio St. be short-lived?

WWW.FOXSPORTS.COM

Ohio State OC Bill O'Brien's tenure may be short-lived, as he's a leading candidate to become Boston College's next head coach.

• Wow 1

His son has some kind of disorder, he resides in Boston. I don't get why he even took the Ohio State gig if that was an issue. I'm sure he could've found a job close to home, but family should always come before work. 

I always heard he hated recruiting, and recruiting at Boston College is gonna be much tougher than Ohio State. But whatever he decides, I hope his son gets better.