NJDuck

Prediction: Oregon Ducks Hot Streak Set to Continue with Elite Defender

The Oregon Ducks are on a hot streak.

Dan Lanning's program won the Fiesta Bowl, secured a stellar collection of transfer portal talent, signed the highest-rated recruiting class in program history - No. 3 nationally - and are off to a hot start in the 2025 cycle.

That effort continued Friday with the addition of De La Salle (California) four-star defensive lineman Matthew Johnson, who chose the Ducks over Miami, Michigan, USC and others.

Prediction: Nasir Wyatt to Oregon Ducks

Heading into last weekend's visit, Mater Dei (California) star Nasir Wyatt, the nation's No. 2 edge-rusher, insisted Oregon was cranking up the heat to secure his commitment.

Therefore, he felt his third trip to Eugene would be crucial.

It was a home run for both parties, as Wyatt discussed in detail on "Recruiting with Andrew Nemec" on 1080 The FAN on Monday.

"The one thing I like about Oregon that I really speak a lot about is how every single time I visit and every time I go up there I learn something new and feel something even more special... visit by visit by visit," Wyatt said. "Every time I've been to Oregon, for these three visits, it's been amazing." 

"My heart was really into it when I was in Eugene."

Since then, a flurry of predictions have come in from both 247Sports and On3, adding fuel to a fire that began almost as soon as Wyatt stepped on campus last week.

It may take a little more time, but expect the Ducks to add one of the nation's best edge-rushers soon.

• Let’s hope! 2

No. 2 EDGE in 2025 class predicted to commit to Oregon Ducks

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks have picked up a prediction to land 4-star EDGE Nasir Wyatt, the No. 27 overall player in the 2025 class.