NJDuck

College Football Bowl Projections: Our Expert’s Early Predictions for 2024

Remember, this is just for fun.  Even though, cough cough "click bait"🙄 is not happening here.  Projected number of teams per conference:

4 Big Ten

4 SEC

Notre Dame

1 ACC

1 Big 12

1 Group of 5

Why release my never-too-early 2024 bowl projections in February, while several critical details impacting the bowl system are still pending? For example, where will former Pac-12 teams be placed, or how many automatic conference championship bids will be included in the new 12-team playoff?

Some skeptics and conspiracy theorists will claim this is all a ploy to get clicks — "EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Taylor and Travis abducted by UFO after Super Bowl party." Google, are you seeing this!? "Taylor and Travis engaged! Pregnant?!?"

I, for one, am offended by those baseless accusations. This is simply continuing a tradition like no other — "Tiger Woods joins LIV Tour for $5 gazillion" — here at Action Network in providing the best bowl projections on the planet, no matter what month it is. #TAYLORSWIFT #SUPERBOWL #ENDOFWORLD

This season marks the debut of the 12-team playoff, as chosen by the College Football Playoff selection committee. The Cliff Notes version: the five highest-ranked conference champions — regardless of ranking — receive an automatic bid to the playoff with the final spots going to the remaining seven highest-ranked teams.

The four highest-ranked conference champions receive byes into the quarterfinals and will be seeded Nos. 1-4 regardless of their ranking (yes, even if they're “ranked” No. 3, 5, 12 and 24.)

Onto my never-too-early 2024 bowl projections, along with the projected point spread of each matchup from Action Network senior writer Collin Wilson’s power betting ratings.

*Conference champions projected to receive automatic bids

CFB-Bracket-Proj.-2.webp

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/college-football-bowl-projections-early-predictions-2024