NJDuck

Oregon in Contention for Long List of 5-star Recruits at On3 Elite Series

The Oregon Ducks hat was a popular one on Tuesday as athletes rolled in, with a handful of 5-star players posing with an Oregon hat as Dan Lanning and his staff recruit heavily.

Here’s a look at some of the guys who the Ducks are in contention for at this point in the recruiting cycle.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

There are a lot of Oregon Duck hats at the On3 Elite Series among 5-star recruits this week.

• Thanks 1

Can you imagine if OBD were to snag multiple 5* defensive backs?  That would be amazing.

On 5/29/2024 at 2:46 PM, kirklandduck said:

Can you imagine if OBD were to snag multiple 5* defensive backs?  That would be amazing.

Why not in Athens West? DL is building the team in the image of two guys he worked for, Nick Saban and Kirby Smart. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/29/2024 at 12:49 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Why not in Athens West? DL is building the team in the image of two guys he worked for, Nick Saban and Kirby Smart. 

That's certainly the aim but it hasn't fully happened yet.  I'm hoping the 2025 class is the next step forward!

• Let’s hope! 1

On 5/29/2024 at 6:01 PM, kirklandduck said:

That's certainly the aim but it hasn't fully happened yet.  I'm hoping the 2025 class is the next step forward!

I agree with you. 

Does it matter how you build a roster as long as by recruiting, re-recruiting by keeping studs on board with NIL, and by portal picking you have a deep blue Blue Chip roster?

The only 'quality program' I am aware of that is still trying to build a roster only with high school recruits is Clemson. 

On 5/29/2024 at 4:10 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I agree with you. 

Does it matter how you build a roster as long as by recruiting, re-recruiting by keeping studs on board with NIL, and by portal picking you have a deep blue Blue Chip roster?

The only 'quality program' I am aware of that is still trying to build a roster only with high school recruits is Clemson. 

Oklahoma State is close from what I hear. If that’s considered quality 

On 5/29/2024 at 4:10 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I agree with you. 

Yeah, I don't know why Dabo is so allergic to the portal. His program is falling behind because of it. 

I think DL has found the right balance of focusing on HS recruiting first and then plugging holes with a handful from the portal.  As long as he's stacking top 5 recruiting classes the future is very, very bright.

• Thumbs Up 1