cartm25

Too Early for 2024 Record Predictions? - Oregon's Historical Winning %

If you roll your eyes thinking it's WAY to early to do this . . . you're probably right.

Moving to the B1G may have made the historical winning percentages below irrelevant (all P12 stats), but I still like seeing the results.

Vegas has the over/under for next year at 9.5 games.

Looking at the Duck's schedule I see 4 games that may be trouble tosu, @Mich, @Wisconsin, and UW.

Honestly, I think tosu (my goodness I hate the buckeyes) is the only team that could potentially outmatch the Ducks.

I think 10-2 is a safe prediction, but I'd be a little disappointed if the Ducks do worse than 11-1.

What do you think?

image.png.359ab4979488f1e0eacf4e8d98ad5ab5.png

• Applause 1

Never too early!

I think our number is actually set at 10.5, which is exactly where it should be.

I’d take the over at 11-1. Between tOSU, UM, and Wisconsin, 2-1 would be a good accomplishment. Going 1-2 with that group would be disappointing but not shocking at all. That or some other random loss, 10-2 doesn’t stretch the imagination at all.

Frankly, I’d put UW on par with Boise State at this point, especially since we play them early and UW late when their depth will be tested. 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/14/2024 at 2:06 PM, cartm25 said:

I think 10-2 is a safe prediction, but I'd be a little disappointed if the Ducks do worse than 11-1.

I think you nailed my sentiments as well.

This team is incredibly talented, and HUNGRY, which bodes well.

Duke Transfer Brandon Johnson, (intercepting below) is an

example of a lightly known (All-ACC last two years) transfer

who is perfect for Oregon's STAR defensive back position.

Quacking the Roster: DB Transfer Brandon Johnson - Addicted To Quack

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

I like 10.5.  Ohio State still feels like a wildcard to me.  Their offense has to improve dramatically over last year to be the threat everyone presumes.  Did everyone really catch up to Chip Kelly or is he finally back to a coordinator position where he really belongs - a genius micromanager with singular focus?

Two teams being dangerously underestimated in my view are Michigan and Alabama.  There is a lot of championship pedigree at both locations.  Michigan will have things figured out by time we visit.  Looking at what KDB did at Washington, I think he's being underestimated in Year 1 at Alabama with significantly more talent.

Still think our Ducks are going 11-1.  If we can run the gauntlet at 12-0, this could be a really special season.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1