Smith72

Duck Football Schedule: Non-Conference Ranked Among Best

Networks - Big, Peacock, and Fox.  I guess I will either travel for the home game against Boise State or subscribe to Peacock.

WWW.SI.COM

The upcoming college football season is set to feature some thrilling non-conference matchups that will play a crucial role in shaping the path to...

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

In Athlon's ranking of B1G OOC schedules in 2024, Oregon is ranked sixth. 

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-football-ranking-2024-nonconference-schedules

The CFP poohbahs have made it clear that the Pac-2 will be treated as independent teams this season and next. 

I have placed the P1G - 2 in a smelly category of their own. Both schools play very weak schedules in 2024. FWIW, OREGON, and Pudue play at 'little osu' and UW plays Wazzu in the Seahawks Stadium.

Five B1G teams will not play an FCS opponent in 2024: USC, Michigan, UCLA, Penn State, and Ohio State. 13 teams will play an FCS opponent.

Four teams, knocking the Pig-2 out of the P4, play no P4 teams OOC - Indiana, Ohio State (1st time since 2024 with Texas on the schedule in 2025,) Oregon, and UW.

P4 Competition -

Independent - Maryland plays UConn, Purdue and USC play Notre Dame, Oregon, and Purdue play Oregon State, and UW plays Washington State. 

ACC - Boston College, Virginia, VA Tech, Duke, UNC

B12 - Colorado, Kansas, W Virginia, Iowa State.

SEC - Alabama at Wisconsin, Texas at Michigan, USC vs LSU in Las Vegas, UCLA at LSU. 

If you count the little-2 + UConn, the conference plays 18 'P-4 teams' in 2024. Without UConn and the Pac-2, it's 13 P4 games. Not all that difficult.  

I'll take a look at the SEC in 2024 later today or tomorrow. The SEC will play 16 more OOC games than the B1G in 2024 and 2025 and 16 fewer conference games.  😒

Sack the Vandals!

Edited by Jon Joseph

Posted (edited)

Athlon Ranks the SEC OOC Schedules.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/sec-football-ranking-2024-nonconference-schedules-easiest-toughest

Hats off to the Missouri Tigers for the Daily Double Scheduling wins. OOC - 16 out of 16. In Conference - 16 out of 16.

Coach Drinkwitz should be buying drinks for the ADs who put a crummy OOC schedule together and all those at HQ in Birmingham who constructed as close as a team can get to a cupcake schedule in the SEC.

In 2024, the No. 1 toughest OOC schedule-ranked Florida will play 11 P4 games that include eight preseason-ranked teams.  Florida wins the Disgusting Double Scheduling both in and out of conference. Perhaps the Gators' AD schould hire a scheduling guru from Missouri or the Mizzou Bag Man who handed the payment off at Birmingham HQ?

In 2024, Mizzou will play nine P4 opponents, three ranked opponents and the CoMo Tigers drew the SEC Cupcake Factory - Arkansas, South Carolina, Mississippi State, and Vanderbilt. And  Mizzou will double the pleasure with the same conference schedule in 2025. 

In 2024, 15 of the 16 SEC teams, the outlier being Texas, will play an FCS opponent. Depending on how UConn Oregon State and Washington State are viewed, P4 or G5, the B1G will play 18 or 14 (not the erroneously 13 I typed above) P4 games.  

With Florida playing three P4 opponents, Georgia playing two,  and LSU playing two, the SEC will play 20 P4 opponents. Some of this margin in the SEC's favor is negated by 13 of the 16 SEC teams playing nine P4 opponents. If UConn and the Pac- 2 are considered P4, 16 of the 18 B1G teams, all but Indiana and Ohio State,  will play 10 or more P4 opponents. 

The SEC's P4 OOC Opponents. 

ACC - 11 teams. Clemson vs. Georgia and South Carolina, Miami, FSU, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Wake Forest, NC State, VA Tech, Cal, Boston College.  Due to proximity (not you, Cal!) and annual rivalry games with the ACC, there will always be many games played between the ACC and the SEC.

B1G - 4 teams. Michigan, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin.

B12 - 4 teams. ASU, Houston, OK State, UCF.

Independent, 1 game, Notre Dame at Texas A+M. 

Based on talent and scheduling, I believe Paul Finebaum is correct in predicting four SEC teams will be invited to the Playoff. 

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Applause 1