DrJacksPlaidPants

ESPN Top 25 College Football Stadiums

I’ve only been to three of these stadiums (LSU, Autzen, App State), but I think they got most of them right. I don’t necessarily agree with the rank order, but these stadiums stand out for one reason or another whether it be noise, beauty, tradition, etc. BTW, Autzen was by far the best atmosphere.

I went to LSU during the Curly Hallman era. It was loud until Danny Wuerffel and the Gators ran up 58 straight points on them. It’s still a beautiful venue with great tailgating and a tiger enclosure outside the gates. 

App State is absolutely beautiful with regard to its surroundings, but the crowd is pretty dull unless they’re playing Marshall or Coastal. The home side of their stadium gets shade in the afternoon which might be great in early September. However, I was there on a clear November day when it was in the 20’s. That shade ran off most of their home fans by the 2nd half as it was in the single digits on their side of the stadium.

On a side note, I think that Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, SC should’ve been on this list. They’re not a great team, but their stadium is always packed and rowdy no matter their record. I also love Sandstorm, the white towels, their Odyssey 2001 entrance and rooster crow on 3rd downs. It’s definitely an atmosphere worth experiencing. 

WWW.ESPN.COM

Fourteen of ESPN's college football writers rank the 25 best stadiums in the sport. Who's No. 1, who missed the cut and what makes these stadiums so special?