30Duck

Buying and Selling After Week 3 of College Football

The article has some interesting thoughts about the season so far. Is Georgia in trouble, and how the perception of one team, Oregon, and one team, Miami, are so different.

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

Let's breakdown some prevailing college football narratives and see if they match up with what the underlying data is telling us.

Right now, the Hurricanes are bright and shiny, the car the teenager buys without taking it for a test drive. Kentucky lost to Georgia, I watched the game, and it looked like two evenly matched teams who tried desperately to not get a touchdown. Georgia and Alabama have byes this week, before the game on newly named Saban Field.  Was the Kentucky game a harbinger of bad Tide-ings for the Bulldogs?

This is why I hate all rankings before week 6.

We don't know about this year's teams until they play some games. The preseason rankings skew everyone's opinion. And they are based on last year's play and this year's prejudice. 

The Georgia game just showed how hard it is to win every week. Plus UK seems to have UG number the past few years.

Oregon needs to stay focused and play to their standards. MSU and UCLA look weak so we need to win big.

Also, we need to start cheering B1G teams that we will play to start winning. 

Regardless of rankings, I'm glad our Ducks are improving each week.

Peak in Nov, not Sept.

On 9/18/2024 at 1:06 PM, DanLduck said:

Also, we need to start cheering B1G teams that we will play to start winning.

Yes. The Ducks don't play USC, so come on Michigan, defend the Big House, beat the Trojans!!!

• Thumbs Up 1