Jon Joseph

READY FOR SOME B-BALL - THE B1G B-BALL IS READY TO ROLL

APNEWS.COM

The Oregon Ducks embark on their first season in the Big Ten. They won last year’s Pac-12 conference tournament in their final year in the league.

• Applause 2

My first favorite Duck was Billy Gaskins, 68-70, The Pit! Football is the King now, but Ducks basketball, Men's $ Women's will always take up a huge part of my Duck heart. Dick Harter was obviously the perfect coach for the Kamikaze Kids, Wooden hated him, and the other coaches probably don't care much for Altman. It is interesting that back before Altman was hired, Tom Izzo at Michigan State was a coach that a lot of people hoped would get te job. 

• Thumbs Up 1

When Altman talked at the media days about how they were finally healthy coming into a season, all I thought about was the monkey's paw curling up one of its fingers.  He had to say it!!!! And of course the basketball gods had to have one of our players get injured.  The team is cursed to never be fully healthy....NEVER!!!!!!

I'm excited, I love Dana, I love the type of basketball he plays when he can get the guys going, I'm excited to see Bittle come back, I'm excited to see how Shelsted and Evans develop in their second year.

Ducks could be the real the real sleeper of the country, just imagine if the NCAA weren't corrupt and actually gave Dante the year he deserved instead of giving guys like McCormack a 9TH YEAR!  Make absolutely no sense whatsoever!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/23/2024 at 10:40 AM, spartan2785 said:

just imagine if the NCAA weren't corrupt and actually gave Dante the year he deserved instead of giving guys like McCormack a 9TH YEAR!  Make absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Absolutely! it makes no sense that Dante didn't get the year! The team will be good, but with Dante it would have been Final Four good!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm m also excited to see the growth of the rookies in their second year. Also Bartholomew was really starting to look good last year before his injury and could be a big contributor on both ends of the court. 

Biggest worry is down low with only Bittle although I really liked the small ball approach early last year. 

Can't wait for some basketball!!!

• Thumbs Up 2