81DuckAlum

Location Location Location, Nightmares, and Much Appreciated Therapy

I have lived a gypsy life: earning credits at 5 different schools in 3 countries before completing my B.S. at the amazing University of Oregon in my senior year. So, it really means a lot to me to be a Duck fanatic these past 40 years.

Today's angst can always find perspective.  Living in Texas now, I get compliments on my Oregon bumper stickers, house flags, Duck apparel. 

And comments here in the parts that are Longhorn Nation talking about how poorly Oregon performed last night, usually end with this:   “Yeah, but at least the Ducks aren’t Texas!”

A Longhorn friend of mine is living a much more painful nightmare right now.

While this is a really tough Sunday for me, I am thankful I am able to learn from, participate, and share with this incredible FishDuck community.  It’s the best healing therapy I could get.

He won’t like this but, buried way down in the “About” section of this Website, is a quiet notice about how we all can help support this Cat-Gif crazed dude who provides this much needed therapy.

the office therapy GIF

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What timing!

I was just now consoling my family by saying at least we are not Texas!

81DuckAlum....thank you for your donation to help with all the bills with the forum, and thanks for the "Call-Out" to everyone else.  Yes, I am a Shameless Beggar who will accept donations to offset all the costs, and am grateful to all.

If you (who are reading this) can give a few hours doing easy work--reading posts and clicking, (that's it!) out of the 168 hours there are in a week--please contact me.  charles@fishduck.com  It takes a ton of time to manage everything, and I could use some help with the easy stuff.

Like you, 81DuckAlum....I just love the depth of conversation, but also the relief of how everyone is nice to each other unlike anywhere I've been.  With a community like this--the high points are more fun, and the low points are easier to survive when I can "banter-with-my-buddies."

I will have a bigger update about the forum later this week with all the good news, and THANKS to all.

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck