Jon Joseph

10 Games that will Impact the 2022 Playoff Final 4

According to ESPN+ (pay wall) CFB Playoff guru, Heather Dinich - the below listed games will impact the 2022 playoff. 

1. 11/26 - Michigan at Ohio State -  Will Harbaugh go back to back vs the Buckeyes?

2. 9/3 - Notre Dame at Ohio State - Kelly's gone. Can Freeman find the luck of the Irish? He lost the Shamrock in the 2nd half of the Fiesta Bowl.

3. 9/3 - OREGON (Let's Hear It!) 'at' Georgia - Dawg gone tough game for Danno's opening act. [Not on the list but 9/3 - Utah at Florida - Can Utes swamp the Gators? ]

4. 10/3 -Texas AtM at Alabama - With the amount of $ spent on buying the all time best recruiting class, Aggies may have to take the bus to Tuscaloosa?

5. 10/1 - North Carolina State at Clemson - Big game on the Dabo rebound tour. But a big game overall? Oh well, ESPN does own the ACC Network.

6. 10/15 - USC at Utah - This game could be a shoot out ala the Rose Bowl. Both teams have a decent chance to come into this game without a loss. Game Day in SLC?

7. 10/29 - Michigan State at Michigan - Can Mel Tucker portal his way to another top 10 finish? At 2 games over .500 and making $9M a year, Mel is already a big winner. Right, Jimmy?

8.  9/17 - The Fighting Mario's at AtM. Believe it or not, Miami is the 'toughest game' on the Aggies 2022 OOC schedule.

9. 10/9 - Oklahoma State at Baylor. - Two Pac-20 teams battle it out ... What's that? These are still 2 B12 teams? OK, I guess?

10. 9/3 - Cincinnati at Arkansas - Me thinks that Heather started hitting the Bloody Mary's well before posting THIS?

Interesting: No Oklahoma vs Texas; Utah at Oregon; Penn St vs Ohio State/ Michigan; Florida vs Georgia; Bama at Ole Miss; Iowa vs Wisconsin; UW vs Anyone?

Sorry, but as Charles noted this is a SLOW CFB news day. And more to follow before spring ball.

Interesting that Michigan would be involved in two of the top ten games, and no, I don't think that Michigan will go 2-0 on thee ohio state, the same Buckeyes I'd bet to cover whatever spread is set for the game against the Domers. 

That's what I thought too about NC State and Clemson, Utah at Florida is certainly more important than is Cincy at Arkansas. 

Agree totally, 30, Cincy at Ark was a very strange choice IMO. Cincy coach, Luke Fickell, just got a nice pay bump to $5M a season but Houston is the favorite in the AAC coming into 2022. Both should be playing in the B12 as early as next season.