Pennsylvania Duck

Men's Basketball: 11/7/22 Florida A&M @ Ducks

Oregon men's basketball will lean on its vets with a short bench ahead of its season-opener

While expectations are high for the Ducks, the team's training camp hasn't gone as hoped.

Injuries have hit the team before the Ducks have even played a game.

The Ducks will be without four scholarship players ahead of Monday night's contest,

while five-star freshman Kel'el Ware and senior Rivaldo Soares are game-time decisions due to injuries.

247SPORTS.COM

The 2022-23 Oregon men's basketball season will tip off Monday night at Matthew Knight Arena when the Ducks host Florida A&M...

Dana Altman's Ducks look to kick season off with veteran leadership, healthy N'Faly Dante

Injuries have been an issue this offseason for the Ducks.

“There is no magic wand for guys missing practice. Conditioning suffers, your timing suffers, your ability

to focus on what we are doing, it’s hard to make progress and put new stuff in when guys are missing practices.”

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Injuries have slowed Oregon’s progress this offseason. They’ll now rely on a veteran group of leaders and a healthy N’Faly Dante to...

PAC-12/SWAC LEGACY SERIES OPENS AS UO MEN HOST FLORIDA A&M

The inaugural matchups of the Pac-12/SWAC Legacy Series brought the Florida A&M men's basketball team

to Eugene on Sunday, and brought Robert McCullum back for a reunion with the UO men's program.

McCullum, who was on staff under Dana Altman with the Ducks from 2014-17, is now in his fifth season as head coach with the Rattlers.

The Pac-12/SWAC Legacy Series was announced last fall, creating a partnership between the prestigious

Power 5 conference and the league made up of some of the country's most storied Historically Black Colleges and Universities.

GODUCKS.COM

Pac-12/SWAC Legacy Series Opens As UO Men Host Florida A&M

Oregon MBB recap: Ducks turn in underwhelming opening-season win over Florida A&M

Chalk this 80-45 win over Florida A&M up to early season jitters, or growing pains, or the fact that this Oregon Ducks’ team

has been so riddled with injuries at times this offseason that they’ve struggled to field a full practice.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A win is a win. There’s a lot to clean up for the Ducks, but they got the job done against Florida A&M on opening night.

OPENING NIGHT A SUCCESS FOR DUCKS

Throughout this preseason, UO coaches and teammates have talked up the offseason

progress of N'Faly Dante. On Monday evening, he backed up their praise.

The Ducks were thin due to injuries, but the experience of the roster perhaps

showed with the way Oregon locked down to put the game away after halftime.

GODUCKS.COM

The Oregon men opened their 2022-23 season with an 80-45 win Monday over visiting Florida A&M.

The USA Today article is a bit over the top in sounding the alarm. A look around the NCAAM world tonight saw lesser teams hanging with teams they had no business hanging with for awhile, anyway. Heck, Sac St. even went up on UCLA by 7 for about a minute and a half..........

Chef Altman has barely cracked an egg and my mouth is already watering at the POTENTIAL souffle that awaits us.........

Ladies look good too. 43 better than Northwestern..........

B-ball status:  Full steam ahead until further notice!..............Although, we may have a "problem" with Houston.............

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

PAC-12.COM

No. 21 Oregon men's basketball defeats Florida A&M by a final score of 80-45 on Monday, Nov. 7 in Eugene. The Ducks are now 11-1 vs SWAC opponents under head coach Dana Altman. Follow...

WATCH: Dana Altman recaps 80-45 season-opening win

Dante shines in season-opening blowout win over FAMU

“I feel great,” Dante said. “Since I’ve been in Oregon, I’ve never had a summer to work out with the team, practice with the team

— so I think from having that — I’m just so glad to have a team that can pick me up every single day when I’m down, so I feel great.” 

247SPORTS.COM

In No. 21 Oregon’s 80-45 win over Florida A&M on Monday night, senior big man N’faly Dante impressed the home crowd at...

WATCH: Ducks play Florida A&M

PAC-12.COM

No. 21 Oregon men's basketball defeats Florida A&M by a final score of 80-45 on Monday, Nov. 7 in Eugene. The Ducks are now...

3-point shooting has to be of concern.

6 of 25 for the game, but only 1 for 14 in the 1st half.