NJDuck

Canzano: Sorting out Dan Lanning, Mario Cristobal and San Diego State

Dan Lanning, not interested in the Auburn opening and Auburn does not have Lanning on their short list.  "Mutual disinterest, it appears."

The news that broke out on the Dan Patrick show about SDSU and Pac-12 in discussion to join the conference.  From Canzano: "This feels right.  But the timeline is too ambitious.  In fact, two trusted sources told me on Monday that nothing has changed.  They insist SDSU remains a solid expansion candidate.  Nobody I spoke with expects an announcement this week."

"The Pac-12 still has to finish off its media rights negotiations and learn UCLA’s fate (UC Regents meet Nov. 15-17) before the conference can proceed with serious consideration of San Diego State, SMU, UNLV and others." 

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

And some other thoughts...

I like the idea of SDSU and, if possible, making the spoiled children leave the conference as quickly as possible.

Is there anyway to make the trojans departure faster than scheduled? They don't want to be in the Pac and we don't want them!

I have no problem playing them at the end of the season or in a bowl game, but let them start their nationwide traveling road show next season.

Also Canzano has become one of my favored writers. I gave him credit for shining the light on the failures of Lavish Larry, but his writing wasn't my favorite until he left was is left of the Oregonian. Kudos to Mr. Canzano, keep it up!

My hope is that somehow UCLA stays in the PAC and the conference adds SDSU to replace USC. Optimally, I'd love USC to stay as well but according to some articles I read, USC is a done-deal with the B1G.

To me, the other proposed schools such as SMU and UNLV just don't seem like a good fit with the PAC.

I just wish the conference never hired Larry Scott as PAC-12 Commissioner as IMHO, he was the main catalyst that drove the conference into the ground.

Edited by OceaniaDuck