cartm25

Gratitude for the Oregon Ducks

My wife often says I'm always critical.

I think that's in part because my entire professional life has consisted of constant reminders of areas of improvement and growth, while celebrating accomplishments only once a year (performance reviews) or further spaced out promotions. I point out things that can be improved reflexively and without emotion behind them; purely observational.

I tend to do the same at home and with the Oregon Ducks, "This, this, this, and this could be better." I fail to acknowledge all that great things.

With Thanksgiving still in the air, what are you thankful for about OBD? Here's my non-exhaustive list:

1) The Oregon Ducks logo "O" is a thing of beauty. Simple, bold, and recognizable. Makes wearing Duck apparel easy.

2) Love that the Ducks were back to scoring ~40 ppg. It was exciting to watch again.

3) The uniforms (except the brown ones, and the cookies and cream ones) . . . enough said.

4) The only thing that really gets me on the phone with my brother is "talkin' Ducks". Grateful for how the Ducks improve (or maintain) my familial relations 🙂

5) This one hurts to write, but I'm glad that at least the teams we lost to this year were ACTUAL good teams; not the bottom-dwellers that MC would lose to every year. Another silver lining of the losses is that I still believe the Ducks were/are the better team; OBD just had a bad day.

6) Happy to have Dan Lanning as HC

7) Grateful that the Ducks' defense can only get better from here, haha

image.png.28ea93e4769a65051d506d8118ad6692.png

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

That is the greatest logo and color scheme in sports. 

I am grateful that we have an HC who doesn't make excuses or pass blame. The guy stands in the gap and takes all the shots for his men.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1