Pennsylvania Duck

Canzano: Thoughts on Mike Leach -- What He'd Want Right Now

Look, I don't much care for Canzano.  With him, it's all about click bait and ... himself.  But he said a couple of things in the linked article worth repeating.

First....a hesitant personal admission...please pardon me.  In 1989 I suffered the "widow maker" heart attack.  I "died" on my wife's lap as she was driving me to a hospital.  (She is truly my angel.)  I was anoxic for 6-10 minutes on the trip.  She then got me to the ER and patients helped drag me out of our truck and into the building.  They immediately began CPR and defibrillation.  They shocked me 20+ times (they lost count) and my heart struggled to return some kind of rhythm.  It did, barely, and they immediately took me to surgery for crushing the complete blockage of my left anterior descending artery.  I was unconscious and in the ICU for 5 days.  I regained consciousness (and at that time I DETESTED being intubated!!) and spent the next 5 days in the cardiac care unit (CCU).  I was later told that I was the ONLY ONE ever brought into that large hospital in that condition and walked out!  I'm not a religious person...but I found out later than some of our friends started a prayer chain in my behalf.  So if you're religious, do what Canzano is doing and say a prayer for the coach.

Today.  And here I am, bugging you guys almost 33 years after that event.  I've even survived cancer and a cerebral hemorrhage since then, so I guess I'm as tough as my 40 year old boots.  I only say these things to encourage you to always have faith that any outcome can become miraculous if you try hard enough...want it hard enough. 

And as Canzano said, kiss your loved one tonight.  Call your friends and family just to tell them how great it is to have them in your lives.  Life is short. 

Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday and 2023.

Mud

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Like 1