Pennsylvania Duck

WATCH: Dan Lanning News Conference: Oregon NLI Signings

Oregon head football coach Dan Lanning spoke with Oregon's media members about the progress of Oregon's 2023 recruiting class during National Signing Day.

He wasn't able to specifically talk about roughly half the class due to their National Letters of Intent not being fully processed at the time of the press conference, but he did speak about the class in its entirety and the future of Oregon football.

Dan Lanning believes Ducks inked a class of 'winners'

"The No. 1 one [descriptor] I would use is winners. We got a bunch of winners in this group," Lanning said.

"Guys that are state champions, guys that have been captains for their team, guys that achieve really at a high level in the classroom.

247SPORTS.COM

Dan Lanning believes Ducks inked a class of 'winners'

Signing Day 2023 will go down as one of the biggest in Oregon program history

What happened on Wednesday's first day of the 2023 National Signing Day period has never happened for the Oregon Ducks.

"I think every one of us had our phones plugged in pretty much nonstop for the last 48," Lanning said of the work done over the last few days. "And there's been a lot of conversations, and you know one thing I think that we'll spend a lot of time on is we're never going to trick any some trick someone into coming to Oregon.

We want someone who picked Oregon because it's the right fit for them in their heart; they notice a place they can grow and they can get better."

247SPORTS.COM

I've covered Oregon football and the program's recruiting efforts since 2009, and I followed the comings and goings of the program well before that time. What happened on

• Thumbs Up 1

We have signed around 28 with transfers, so far. How many scholarships do we have available?

Man, coach is one tired-looking dude. Probably has barely slept for several days, at least.

• Thumbs Up 1