Pennsylvania Duck

Ducks Baseball: News, Updates, Scores, Etc...

The Oregon baseball team will play 56 regular-season games in 2023, highlighted by 35 home games at PK Park.

The 2023 schedule can be found in the link below...

https://goducks.com/documents/2022/11/1/2023_Schedule.pdf

WATCH: Oregon HC Mark Wasikowski discusses where Oregon stands heading into 2023 season

Oregon head coach Mark Wasikowski met with the media before Oregon embarks on its 2023 season and discusses where the roster stands. 

• Thanks 1

OF Owen Diodati on transferring to Oregon: 'This is the best decision I've ever made'

It wasn't a former right fielder who helped convince Diodati to come to Oregon. A fellow Canadian countryman and former Duck pitcher, Adam Maier, helped make the connection.

"He's been a guy I trust with his opinion. I knew he'd shoot me straight and knew he wouldn't lie to me. That's something you look for in the process because you never know what a place is going to be like until you get there. That was an advantage for me that he could give me a straight-up answer."

247SPORTS.COM

OF Owen Diodati on transferring to Oregon: 'This is the best decision I've ever made'

• Thanks 1

Oregon starting pitcher Isaac Ayon expected to miss extended portion in 2023 season

Oregon baseball is expected to lose its projected No. 1 starter Isaac Ayon for a portion of the 2023 season. 

"Yeah, he got (Ayon) dinged up at the end of the fall; that's true," said Wasikowski. "We're hoping to get him back for the stretch run down in the season. Again, too early to tell with that. But still, he got a little dinged up middle of the fall, I would say. Hopefully, we'll get him back for the end of the year."

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon baseball is expected to lose its projected No. 1 starter Isaac Ayon for a portion of the 2023 season. Aaron Fitt of D1Baseball.com originally reported Ayon's

• Oh no! 1

Supposedly, there is a highly rated baseball prospect that goes to North Eugene High School here in Eugene Oregon.  I can't seem to find any baseball recruiting rankings other than top 100 in the country or pay sites.  I don't think the kid is that good.  Does anybody know of any baseball recruiting sites that go by state?

On 1/25/2023 at 8:10 AM, Tandaian said:

Supposedly, there is a highly rated baseball prospect that goes to North Eugene High School here in Eugene Oregon.  I can't seem to find any baseball recruiting rankings other than top 100 in the country or pay sites.  I don't think the kid is that good.  Does anybody know of any baseball recruiting sites that go by state?

If we are talking about this year's class the top prospects in the Eugene area are Maddox Maloney out of Thurston and Leo Reeves from South Eugene.  Moloney is a shortstop who also is a good pitcher, Reeves plays catcher but is going to end up most likely in a corner outfield position, possibly first base.  Both are going to Oregon.

Baseball Northwest is probably a good site to go to in terms of just seeing who is out there, I wouldn't take their word as gospel, but it will at least show you who is being considered.

Noble Meyer out of Jesuit is by far the best prospect in Oregon but he's a top 10 guy in the draft, I think he's better than Mick Abel who went to the Phillies a couple years ago in the first round.  

A little duck tidbit is Cooper Mullens (Rob's son) who goes to Marist is headed to Michigan, not sure if he's getting money there, but he's a great little player, super kid as well.

Edited by spartan2785
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oregon baseball preview: The state of the program heading into the 2023 season

The Ducks will begin team practices on Thursday, three weeks before the season starts. Fall practices have concluded, but the final roster has not been officially announced. 

The anticipation and expectations for this program are palpable as the season grows closer. For a team with this much depth and talent, a run at the Pac-12 Title should be in the crosshairs for Wasikowski and company.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon baseball preview: The state of the program heading into the 2023 season

• Thanks 1

This article above is EXCELLENT!  Thanks for Pennsylvania Duck for posting it!

Who else is an Oregon Baseball fan out there?

Oregon Pitcher in 2021_Gary Breedlove.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks Spartan2785.  That worked.  I found who I was looking for.

‘Nothing is set in stone’ as Oregon baseball starts winter practices

With college baseball season less than a month away, Oregon still has a lot to figure out.

In the field, there are battles at nearly every position. On the mound, head coach Mark Wasikowski didn’t even attempt to name a rotation. And last year’s bullpen lost three of its four best arms, with the fourth likely stepping into a starting role.

“Nothing is set in stone out here,” Wasikowski said in Tuesday’s preseason press conference. “And that’s good news, because from a depth standpoint in the field, there’s guys pushing everybody at every spot.”

Click to read Daily Emerald article here...

Oregon baseball preview: Five questions to answer as the 2023 season approaches

1. 1. HOW WILL THE ROTATION FILL OUT?
  2. 2. CAN OREGON REPLICATE THEIR OFFENSIVE SUCCESS FROM LAST YEAR?
  3. 3. WHAT WILL SUCCESS LOOK LIKE THIS SEASON?
  4. 4. WHO PLAYS SHORTSTOP?
  5. 5. WHEN DOES THE SEASON START?

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon baseball preview: Five questions to answer as the 2023 season approaches

• Thanks 1

Totally agree with the author of that article that Rikuu Nishida is the guy I'm most looking forward to for the Ducks, saw him play at Mt. Hood last year, and the kid is basically Ichiro if he played middle infield.  It's hard to not describe him as the typical Japanese baseball player who does every fundamental well, with an incredible amount of enthusiasm for the game.  Could easily see him as the spark to make this team tick at the top of the lineup.

• Like 1

Great article, and I am really pulling for the Canadian pitchers come through and be the difference for this team.  Gonna be fun to watch this team at the plate!

Like Tanner Smith...

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon baseball preseason preview: Pitching rotation

Starting pitching was a weak spot for Oregon in 2022, and it doesn’t look a whole lot better this time around. This rotation should be simultaneously exciting and frightening to watch, as the Ducks will be trotting out some talented arms who have very little experience starting games, let alone doing so at a high level. 

Head coach Mark Wasikowski has not confirmed any of the rotation spots, but here’s a rundown of how it currently stands, as projected by D1Baseball.

Click here to view the article from the Daily Emerald.

• Thanks 1

WATCH Jace Stoffal: "We have unbelievable depth."...Jr. right-handed pitcher

WATCH Drew Cowley: "Make that push for Omaha."...Sr. infielder

WATCH Logan Mercado: "I feel good about everything."...Jr. right-handed pitcher

Owen Diodati: "There's real development here."...Jr. outfielder

• Thanks 1