Pennsylvania Duck

Men's Basketball: 2/25/23 Ducks @ Oregon State (Ducks WIN 69-67)

Oregon still listed among teams on the NCAA Tournament Bubble

Oregon is 15-13 on the season and are 9-8 in league play going into their one and only game this weekend, a road slate at rival Oregon State. Having lost four of their last six games the outside perception is that the Ducks should be out of the NCAA Tournament discussion, yet they still are hanging around and giving themselves a chance.

How likely is that chance at making it in? It's slim, but the Ducks still have a shot and thus still have life. Even if it is on the brink of falling off. In ESPN.com's latest NCAA Tournament Bracket projections, the Ducks sit as the fifth team out of the NCAA Tournament.

So what is ahead of the Ducks and what's a realistic path to the tournament? It ain't pretty, that's for sure...

247SPORTS.COM

While every game feels like a must-win situation for the Oregon Duck men's basketball program the last few weeks, the Ducks...

Assistant Basketball Coach Chuck Martin

Will Richardson trying to play through multiple injuries as Oregon's regular season is near its end

Oregon's best player is dealing with multiple injuries as the men's basketball season gets closer to wrapping up the regular season. Senior point guard Will Richardson has been dealing with multiple injuries for the past few games and is questionable for Oregon State on Saturday.

"He's banged up a little bit. He didn't practice yesterday, didn't practice today," said Oregon head men's basketball coach Dana Altman. "Hopefully he'll be able to go a little bit on Saturday."

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon's best player is dealing with multiple injuries as the men's basketball season gets closer to wrapping up the regular season...

WATCH: Dana Altman opens up on season struggles ahead of Oregon State

Hear from Oregon head coach Dana Altman as he discusses the team's three-game losing

streak and how the Ducks can bounce back with a win this weekend at Oregon State.

WATCH Quincy Guerrier: "We gotta win this game"

Sr. Forward Quincy Guerrier meets with the media after practice ahead of the upcoming showdown with rival Oregon State.

Pac-12 Tournament seeding on the line ahead of Oregon at Oregon State

Going into the second-to-last weekend of the college men's basketball regular season the Oregon Ducks have a wide range of possible outcomes for how they finish in the Pac-12 standings.

Third place is still on the table while a fourth-place finish is perhaps more realistically attainable. But if Oregon isn't careful the Ducks could drop to eighth or ninth place in the standings as well.

"I haven't looked at it, to be honest," said the Oregon Duck head coach Dana Altman. "I looked at Oregon State, the next one. I think our guys have an idea because I heard them talking about it. We can't be looking at three games, we have to be looking at one."

247SPORTS.COM

Going into the second-to-last weekend of the college men's basketball regular season the Oregon Ducks have a wide range...

DUCKS AND BEAVERS BATTLE IN CORVALLIS

The most contested rivalry in college basketball dates back to 1903 with OSU leading the all-time series 168-192.

• » The Ducks swept OSU last season for the first time since the 2016-17 season.
  • » Coach Altman is 18-9 against OSU.

GODUCKS.COM

CORVALLIS, Ore. – Oregon heads up the road on Saturday to take on Oregon State.

Oregon knows they face a 'dangerous' team looking for an upset in Oregon State

The Oregon Ducks men's basketball program looks for their second straight season sweep of the Oregon State Beavers Saturday. To do it, the Ducks will have to end a three-game losing streak that's taken the Ducks from being on the brink of making the NCAA Tournament to now needing a lot of help.

Oregon might also see its top player in Will Richardson be limited in what he can do Saturday. Richardson is battling hip, hand, and finger injuries that have kept him out of practice this week and make him questionable for Saturday.

"It's tough on the team, but they are trying to fight through it. And I haven't done a good enough job of helping the guys," said head coach Dana Altman. "It's as much on me as it is on the guys. I am disappointed where we are at, I am disappointed that I haven't pushed the right buttons and get us where we need to be."

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks men's basketball program looks for their second straight season sweep of the Oregon State Beavers Saturday. To...

Rivaldo Soares hits game-winner to take Oregon out of Corvallis with the win

Rivaldo Soares missed his first five shots of the game and didn't have any points until the game's final minute. Then he saved the season and claimed Oregon's season sweep over Oregon State.

The Ducks left Corvallis with a 69-67 win to improve on the year to 15-13 and 10-8 in league play. The win put the Ducks into a tie with Utah for fifth place in the Pac-12 standings, and the Ducks have the tie-breaker after sweeping the Utes.

Oregon was led by senior center N'Faly Dante who posted his seventh double-double and second straight when he finished with 16 points and a career-high 18 rebounds. Keeshawn Barthelemy added 11 points while Will Richardson added five points and seven assists.

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks got control of the game in the final four minutes of the first half. The Beavers were held scoreless for the final four...

MBB Recap: Oregon Ducks get last-second victory over Oregon State

The Oregon Ducks certainly didn’t make it easy on themselves, but in the end, they left Corvallis with a victory over the Oregon State Beavers.

Oregon held as big as a 10-point lead during the second half of the game, but once again, they left the door open for the Beavers to come back and eventually take the lead late in the game.

Fortunately, a last-second shot from Rivaldo Soares gave the Ducks a two-point victory on the road.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A last-second shot from Rivaldo Soares gave the Ducks a big win over Oregon State on Saturday night.

Soares Hits Game Winner In Corvallis

Rivaldo Soares hit a game-tying three-pointer and the game-winning jump shot in the final minute Saturday to give the Oregon men's basketball team a 69-67 victory over Oregon State before 7,270 fans in Gill Coliseum.

Up 10 three different times in the second half, the Ducks (16-13, 10-8 Pac-12) allowed OSU to come back and lead by five with 2:10 to play. But the UO men rallied back to end a three-game losing streak and head into the final week of the regular season with some momentum.

"Waldo hit a couple of big shots there," UO coach Dana Altman said, using Soares' nickname. "The first one was pretty open in the corner; the second one was pretty contested. But he knocked a couple of big shots down, and sometimes that's what you need."

GODUCKS.COM

Rivaldo Soares scored his only five points of the night in the final minute, making a game-tying three and then the game winner in...

WATCH Pac-12 Networks: Ducks vs Oregon State Highlights

PAC-12.COM

Oregon men's basketball earned a season sweep of Oregon State after Rivaldo Soares hit a game-winning shot for the 69-67 win in Corvallis on Feb. 25, 2023. Soares scored the final five points of the game. N'Faly Dante had a team-high 16 points and a career-high 18 rebounds for the Ducks. Dexter Akanno lead the Beavers with 17 points.

WATCH Pac-12 Networks: Game Recap Ducks vs Oregon State

PAC-12.COM

Pac-12 Networks Bill Walton and Ted Robinson recapped Oregon men's basketball's 69-67 win over Oregon State in Corvallis on Feb. 25., 2023.

WATCH Pac-12 Networks: Rivaldo Soares Post-Game

PAC-12.COM

After hitting the game-winning shot against Oregon State, Oregon's Rivaldo Soares chatted with Pac-12 Networks on Feb. 25, 2023.

WATCH Dana Altman: recaps season sweep over Oregon State

Shot that won the game

WATCH N'Faly Dante talks career-day in win at Oregon State

WATCH Rivaldo Soares talks game-winner over Oregon State

I am very amused at the attempts to make the Beavs look good in the media. Extra articles in Oregonlive with positive Beav spins though they lost. Then this: "Before a crowd of 7,270 that included a reported Gill record number of OSU students". Sure, a small crowd boosted by pumping up the number of students means they could hardly sell regular retail tickets.

Altman updates injury status for two guards, vows to play another reserve more

Oregon senior point guard Will Richardson was dealing with hip, hand, and finger injuries that kept him out of practice during the week. 

"I'll tell you what, Will wasn't going to play. The trainers told me in the morning that WIll wasn't going to go, that he shouldn't go. They said it'd just be sore, it'd probably not be better for Cal if he plays. I told Will it's his choice, you're a senior, Clay says you're not going to hurt yourself any worse but it's going to be sore or sorer," said Oregon head men's basketball coach Dana Altman. "

"He played 30 minutes, I thought he was good."

Sophomore guard Brennan Rigsby was expected to see an increase in minutes Saturday at Oregon State, but a rolled ankle ahead of the game kept him out of the game and in street clothes. His return though could be could.

247SPORTS.COM

Going into Saturday night's contest at Oregon State, Oregon senior point guard Will Richardson was dealing with hip, hand, and...

Photo Gallery: Ducks vs Oregon State

WWW.ON3.COM

ScoopDuck photographer Darby Winter was on hand to capture the action during the Oregon Ducks' thrilling win on Saturday.