Pennsylvania Duck

Duck Softball: 3/10-3/12 vs No.10 Washington (Game 3, Ducks LOSE 9-7)

Pregame Interviews Prior to Washington Series

WATCH Coach Lombardi

WATCH C Terra McGowan

WATCH INF Katelyn Howard

AS PAC-12 SLATE BEGINS, DUCKS EMBRACE POSTSEASON MENTALITY

"This weekend is our first Super Regional of many to come," UO coach Melyssa Lombardi said. "What we've done up to this point to prepare for our first Super Regional, I like. And I'm excited to see this group get out there and compete."

In years past, Lombardi said, the Ducks worked over the course of the season to capture that postseason mentality. This spring, they tried to bring it from the very outset. The results so far? A 16-4 record, including 3-1 against ranked opponents.

Led by seniors Allee Bunker and Terra McGowan, "Version 5" of Oregon softball under Lombardi is playing with a sense of camaraderie and fun epitomized by the Ducks' jubilation when their third fifth-year senior, Katelyn Howard, got her first career hit last weekend, and followed it with her first homer. Those seniors are also bringing a sense of maturity to the team's approach, focusing on process over outcomes.

GODUCKS.COM

From the start this season, Oregon has sought to play with the sense of urgency and selflessness that postseason play demands.

Ducks Score Four in the Seventh to Defeat Huskies

No. 21 Oregon scored four times in the top of the seventh inning to rally for an 8-6 victory over No. 10 Washington Friday in the Pac-12 opener for both teams at Husky Softball Stadium.

KK Humphreys delivered four RBI on the night – two in the first and then two in the seventh that gave the Ducks the lead for good. All four of her RBI came with two outs.

"I was just trying to find a good pitch to hit," said Humphreys of her go-ahead hit. "I knew the game was on the line and I wanted to be up there and deliver in my last at-bat for the team."

GODUCKS.COM

KK Humphreys had four RBI on the night, including the go-ahead ones in the seventh.

WATCH the 8 runs!

WATCH the Go-Ahead runs in the 7th!

• Applause 1

3/11/23 Game 2 vs Washington

RHP Raegan Breedlove

Inf KK Humphreys

Ducks Fall Short in Slugfest

No. 21 Oregon and No. 10 Washington traded haymakers throughout the game but the Huskies prevailed on this night, 13-8, Saturday at Husky Softball Stadium to even the opening series of the Pac-12 season at one game apiece.

Noteworthy: McGowan, who was 2-for-4 on Saturday, took over the team lead in RBI with 25. She homered for the fourth time in the last five games … Allee Bunker's first inning double was the 41st of her career, tying her for third with Missy Coe (1999-01) on the UO career list. Bunker also moved one hit closer to Nikki (Udria) Ragin (2014-17) for third on the UO career hits list. Bunker finished the game with 245, just two back of Ragin's 247 … Stevie Hansen (11-3) took the loss in relief and saw her 11-game winning streak come to an end.

The deciding game is scheduled for noon on Sunday.

GODUCKS.COM

Terra McGowan homered for the fourth time in five games.

3/12/23 Game 3 vs Washington

Comeback Bid Comes Up Short

No. 21 Oregon jumped out to an early 4-0 lead, fell behind in the middle innings and then rallied late, but couldn't quite catch Washington as the 10th-ranked Huskies held off the Ducks, 9-7, Sunday at Husky Softball Stadium.

The two teams combined to score 51 runs in the three-game series.

GODUCKS.COM

The two teams combined to score 51 runs in the three-game series.