Pennsylvania Duck

Canzano: 'Air' Makes Me Think About Phil Knight Sequel

I’ve known Sonny Vaccaro for years. I can’t wait to see “Air” and watch actor Matt Damon play the so-called godfather of grassroot hoops.

The film hits theaters on Wednesday.

Ben Affleck plays Nike founder Phil Knight. The movie portrays the company’s pursuit of Michael Jordan and the sneaker partnership that shaped culture and changed the sports world.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

What comes next?

John Canzano actually did a podcast with Sonny Vaccaro which I posted yesterday in Duck Podcasts. I will repost here since it goes with the article above.

-----------

John Canzano: The Bald Faced Truth Podcast

John Canzano talks to the legendary Sonny Vaccaro about the upcoming film "AIR", with Matt Damon playing Vaccaro, and his perspective on how NIKE was able to sign Michael Jordan over Converse and Adidas. "AIR" premieres Wednesday, April 5th.

Some background in case you're not familiar with Sonny Vaccaro. He is the iconic sports marketing executive best known for his tenure with Nike, where he signed Micheael Jordan to his first sneaker contract. That partnership with Jordan revolutionized the world of sports and contemporary culture.

• Thumbs Up 1

The trailer is hilarious...Who should we sign?  Oh some random kid nobody has ever heard about named Michael Jordan.  Oh, the national player of the year and two-time first-team all-American, and leader of the Gold Medal winning Olympic team?