Charles Fischer

Nine Game Win-Streak? Five Ducks Hitting over .300? Whew!

C'mon Duck Fans!  Rally around this team!

Dugout Celebration

Note how a home run is rewarded by wearing a football helmet!

This Oregon Baseball team is coming together, with a ton upside still left.  We have just finished the first-ever sweep of Arizona in Tucson, which included the biggest comeback (from 10 runs down) ever in the history of Oregon Baseball.

While the football team played its first game in 1893, the first athletic contest ever for University of Oregon was in 1877 in Baseball against Monmouth College. (Now Western Oregon University)

The hitting this year is amazing, and very fun to watch these hitters over .300!

SS Drew Cowley .309

RF Rikuu Nishida .326

CF Colby Shade .366

3B Sabin Ceballos .372

LF Tanner Smith .376

And others so close...

C Josiah Cromwick .298

1B Jacob Walsh .293

And the ERAs of some relievers!

RHP Matt Dallas 2.70

RHP Matthew Grabmann 1.50

LHP Ian Umlandt 1.80

RHP Austin Anderson 0.75

RHP Josh Mollerus 0.00  Yes...you saw that right.  Our stud closer has not had a single run scored against him!  WOW!

Josh Mollerus (@_jmo40_) / Twitter

Josh Mollerus is just nails in the clutch!

We knew we had a young, untested pitching staff coming into the season when two starters were lost to injuries, and the third from last year graduated.  The pitchers are improving, although we have a new starter to yet emerge from the pack.  Meanwhile some of these young-guns look exciting in their time relieving.

How do you watch?  Download the app for your cell phone, or go to GoDucks.com and click on "Sports," then "Baseball," and then click on "Schedule" and scroll down to the next game and click on "Watch" as I do.

Today Our Beloved Ducks play at 5:05 PM against a very good Portland team!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

The come back from 10 down was a great game. Don't even know why I kept watching when I tunedin in the 3rd and saw the score, sure glad I did.

The pitching, especially the bullpen looks better this year. To many times last year we just didn't finish the game strong from the mound.