Pennsylvania Duck

NCAA to Lift Limit on Official Visits July 1...Ducks Approach Won't Change for Now

The NCAA lifted the limit on the number of schools recruits can take official visits and while the change could prove advantageous to Oregon, the schools are still limited in how many recruits they can host on the expense paid trips.

The NCAA Division I Council announced it approved lifting the limit on official visits recruits can take — currently five — though they can still only take an official visit once per school, unless there is a head coaching change after the player’s first visit, in which case they can take a second. The change is effective July 1.

What didn’t change though — at least not yet — are the limits each team has on the number of official visits its can provide in a year, which is 56 in the case of football.

Read further in the article on Coach Lanning's feelings about this change and why he is not changing his approach..

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

What didn’t change are the limits each team has on the number of official visits its can provide in a year, which is 56 in the case of...

Allowing prospective athletes to have unlimited visits is fine the way I see it. 

They are keeping the cap on how many official visits a school can host which is the more important number for the future of College Football and recruiting. 

I did write an article about what could happen if they removed that 56 cap on how many visits a school can host. 

FISHDUCK.COM

College Football has always been composed of the "haves" and "have-nots" and that isn't going to change, but there is a desire to...

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1