Pennsylvania Duck

Mental Sweat Podcast: Bo Nix on Leaving Auburn, Choosing Oregon, Spring Ball, Etc...

This podcast was just made this afternoon and it is about an hour long with Bo Nix.  He talks about lots of things, starting with playing the Ducks while he was at Auburn...Below is the write-up for the podcast.

Oregon QB Bo Nix joins the show! We talk about how Spring Ball has gone to this point. How he's adjusting to his 5th Offensive Coordinator in 5 years. We look back to his first college start vs Oregon and how Auburn had one of the worst days of travel in CFB. 

Bo talks about his High School days and finishing his last 2 seasons with a 28-1 record and back to back state championships. Fun trivia question, who was the one starting QB to take down Bo in his last 2 seasons? He also explains why HS was also the hardest he's been coached because his HS head coach was his Dad.

We talk about Bo choosing Auburn out of HS and how his first 3 seasons went and what led him to leaving Auburn and how he ended up choosing Oregon.

Bo tells us what it's like playing next to the best RB in the Pac-12 and how they help each other be better throughout the course of practice or a game. Bo also talks about the relationship he's had with his, now former center, Alex Forsyth and how they would team up to audible to touchdown plays. 

To wrap up the episode we had our power rankings segment and in honor of having a QB on, we rank our top 3 WR/TEs that we would want to throw to All-Time.

Finally for Duck trivia, Bo Nix finished last season with 3,500 passing yards and 500 rushing yards. Who are the other 3 QBs in Oregon history to surpass these marks in a single season?

I am not familiar with this podcast. From Google, I learned the hosts are Brad Yaffe, Nate Heaukulani, and Ryan Walk.

This is a long podcast but I learned a lot about Nix and he had some interesting stories to tell. Hope you enjoy it too.