Pennsylvania Duck

QUAAACK! Texas TE Jackson Ford is a Duck

Oregon lands rising Texas tight end Jackson Ford

Oregon continues to add to its Texas pipeline. On Wednesday, the Ducks landed a commitment from Melissa (Texas) tight end Jackson Ford.

Ford features an impressive 6-6, 235-pound frame that immediately catches the eye. He plays both sides of the ball on the high school level at tight end and defensive end, earning district newcomer of the year honors after moving into the Lone Star State from Tennessee for his junior season.

The rising prospect emerged as a priority for the Ducks during the offseason. Head coach Dan Lanning, tight end coach Drew Mehringer, and offensive coordinator Will Stein all played big roles in Ford pledging to Oregon.

"I've been up there twice now, and the coaches are great people," Ford told Rivals about Oregon. "Coach Mehringer, the tight ends coach, is a great guy. He's put a lot of people into the league and is all about relationships."

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

The Ducks strike in Texas again.
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Tight End Jackson Ford Breaks Down Oregon Commitment

Oregon adds an intriguing tight end to their 2024 recruiting class.

The Ducks stayed hot on the recruiting trail on Thursday, landing a commitment from 6-foot-6, 242-pound tight end Jackson Ford from Melissa (Tex.) High School.

"I grew up an Oregon fan. I always watched their games. Me and my brother dreamed of playing there," Ford said. "All the coaches are super down to earth. End the day, you're not going to be a number there. It's a brotherhood there. It's a family and that's what's most important to me."

Ford chose to make his commitment following his second trip to Eugene in 2023 and Drew Mehringer played a big role.

To read more about why Jackson Ford chose the Ducks, click to read the article in Ducks Digest.