QuackyQuack

Pac-12 to Provide Enhanced Access to College Football Broadcasts

WWW.ESPN.COM

The Pac-12 will provide enhanced in-game and pregame access during broadcasts of college football games this fall, including in-game head coach interviews and having select coaches and...

I like the sound of this and should help with the negotiations taking place for media rights. Having more of an open broadcast and more visibility to the players and coaches is only going to be a good thing for the PAC. 

Now it sounds like the NCAA needs to sign off on the level of access, so fingers crossed. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2023 at 12:00 PM, QuackyQuack said:
WWW.ESPN.COM

The Pac-12 will provide enhanced in-game and pregame access during broadcasts of college football games this fall, including in-game head coach interviews and having select coaches and...

I like the sound of this and should help with the negotiations taking place for media rights. Having more of an open broadcast and more visibility to the players and coaches is only going to be a good thing for the PAC. 

Now it sounds like the NCAA needs to sign off on the level of access, so fingers crossed. 

For this to happen it means that the Pac-12 Network would be getting a new owner/ operator. One of the reasons I think the media deal is taking so long. 

For Apple or Amazon, the network facilities would provide a streaming outlet. The Network would not be stuck with a pathetic 13M subscribers; the broadcasts could be viewed worldwide.

Man, it would be so nice for the Pac-12 schools to receive even a break-even amount from the network investment. This would offset at least a portion of what the conference owes Comcast. (if the conference does not counter-claim against the 2 fired network executives who have filed a wrongful termination suit against the conference and cross-claim against Larry I will be ticked off.)

• Thumbs Up 1