Jon Joseph

OREGON FOOTBALL IS LOOKING GOOD IN 2023

Below is a nice, positive take on Oregon's 2023 football prospects including an acknowledgment of how well DL has done bringing in quality players from the portal, especially on the D-side of the ball.

Interesting that the author calls both games at UW and Utah toss-ups, I agree. But he makes no reference to the home game versus USC which is a bit puzzling. 

SATURDAYBLITZ.COM

Dan Lanning's first season with Oregon football went better than planned as he led the Ducks to a 10-3 record and they were legit contenders in the Pa...

GO DUCKS!

Lets Go Dance GIF by ESPN

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Applause 1

To go along with your post, thought this would be a complimentary addition:

Position Outlook: Ducks offensive line stacked with talent, experience

One of the many positions on the Oregon Ducks roster where Dan Lanning and the rest of the coaching staff have made a concerted effort to increase the level of talent is on the offensive line.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

There very well could be 5 new starters on the UO offensive line this fall. Despite the newness, the Ducks have the talent to be really good up front.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Jon, the author is optimistic about our Oregon Ducks. Dan Lanning has steadily improved the team.

I agree with the author, "If Oregon wins two of their three toughest games against Washington, Utah, and USC, I think 11-1 is very realistic."

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems so strange to me that the pack is on the edge of disaster and this might be, from top to bottom, the best year for the pack in football that I can remember. There are several teams ranked in the top 25 and it will be a gauntlet to go thru the pack undefeated.

The Ducks ,under Lanning, have the potential to be the best ever and this coaching staff must never sleep to achieve a roster we have not seen here before. If not for Spoiled children and leaky Larry I think this conference would have grown into a powerhouse for years to come. This year should be fun to watch for sure.

Although doomsday for the the pack might be inevitable I will be the one that hopes and prays it survives. Money is the root of all evil and it sure looks like it will destroy what took many years to develop.

Go 🦆🦆🦆s

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 5/20/2023 at 10:05 AM, Just Ducky said:

It seems so strange to me that the pack is on the edge of disaster and this might be, from top to bottom, the best year for the pack in football that I can remember. There are several teams ranked in the top 25 and it will be a gauntlet to go thru the pack undefeated.

The Ducks ,under Lanning, have the potential to be the best ever and this coaching staff must never sleep to achieve a roster we have not seen here before. If not for Spoiled children and leaky Larry I think this conference would have grown into a powerhouse for years to come. This year should be fun to watch for sure.

Although doomsday for the the pack might be inevitable I will be the one that hopes and prays it survives. Money is the root of all evil and it sure looks like it will destroy what took many years to develop.

Go 🦆🦆🦆s

Great post. 'Money is not evil. The love of money is evil.' 

Go for the Gold? An encouragement to win the big game has been replaced by Go for the Greed. 

But with all of its foibles and upheavals, it's still a great game and Oregon is a great brand to follow and watch.

I blame a decade-plus of conference mismanagement and also Fox and its spat with ESPN as much or more for the departure than I do USC.

If the B1G/Fox offered Oregon $70M per annum in media rights and great coverage on the uber-successful B1G Network would the Ducks say no? 

I agree, just when the conference is the deepest in years it is going to break up? Sad.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you are a subscriber Stewart Mandel has a very good article up on The Athletic. regarding the resignation of Bohn and the dysfunction that plagued SC athletics for years before Bohn came on board. 

And the O line is a part of the puzzle that is also looking good.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

There very well could be 5 new starters on the UO offensive line this fall. Despite the newness, the Ducks have the talent to be really good up front.

flexing arnold schwarzenegger GIF

On 5/20/2023 at 3:51 AM, Smith72 said:

Thanks Jon, the author is optimistic about our Oregon Ducks. Dan Lanning has steadily improved the team.

I agree with the author, "If Oregon wins two of their three toughest games against Washington, Utah, and USC, I think 11-1 is very realistic."

That scenario would require the Ducks to avoid the all too frequent toe stub that seems to plague them at least once every season. And winning road games against Washington and Utah will be a huge challenge, but doable. I see Oregon handling USC at Autzen.

So, if the Ducks do go 11-1, yes, see them making the playoff.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think if we were better on 3rd and 4th down defense last year we would have been the PAC champs with ease. If DL and co have that worked out we could go undefeated.

So we should be great this year.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1