30Duck

No. 7 Oregon vs. No. 10 VCU

I think this worked out well for the Ducks. VCU does have a 7'1 C, but he doesn't play very much. As far as the rest of the Pac-12, I expect USC to get by their first round play-in opponent, while I think that Michigan State will beat UCLA in their play-in game. No. 12 Georgetown will pull the "upset" over No. 5 Colorado, but I think that No. 5 Tennessee will beat No. 12 Oregon State. 

Here is an analysis from NBC Sports Northwest

Edited by 30Duck

17 hours ago, 30Duck said:

I think this worked out well for the Ducks. VCU does have a 7'1 C, but he doesn't play very much. As far as the rest of the Pac-12, I expect USC to get by their first round play-in opponent, while I think that Michigan State will beat UCLA in their play-in game. No. 12 Georgetown will pull the "upset" over No. 5 Colorado, but I think that No. 5 Tennessee will beat No. 12 Oregon State. 

Not a lot of love for the rest of the PAC 12.  2-3 after the first game? 

1 hour ago, Jon Sousa said:

Not a lot of love for the rest of the PAC 12.  2-3 after the first game? 

USC might be getting a bit of good fortune if they get past their first round game. Kansas is leaving three players at home, so they won't be the typical No. 3 for USC, and who knows, maybe EWU will take the Jayhawks down. I know that we're kind of expected to root for Pac-12ers in these things, but I am not impressed at all by UCLA, and really expect Michigan State to handle them, and, since the game isn't in Boulder, I don't expect much from the Buffs, and McKinley Wright lV.

Georgetown, a barely over 500 team is not likely to beat Colorado. VCU has very good stats on blocked shots and steals.

Edited by TheRunningDuck

2 hours ago, 30Duck said:

I don't expect much

I don't have expectations. Just a "hope so" optimism. Anything can happen. I always want the PAC 12 to do well, even when it is totally unrealistic..

Edited by Jon Sousa