Charles Fischer

Fun FishDuck Facts for Ducks Super-Regional

Doing some homework in advance of the Super-Regional, because I am Devoted Delusional Duck, who is anal that way...

Here are D-1 Baseball National rankings going into the Regionals:

No. 4  Vanderbilt

No. 16 Oklahoma State

No. 18 Dallas Baptist'

No. 24 Oregon

Unranked: Oral Roberts

I show you this to remind us all to take pride in our wins at Nashville, because although Vanderbilt had a No. 6 seed--D-1 Baseball had them at No. 4 in the nation.

But Oral Roberts....they beat some GOOD TEAMS in their regional, as they had more high quality teams stacked against them at Stillwater.  BTW...Oregon State lost twice to Dallas Baptist in a Regional two years ago, as they are a relatively new program and that coach is sensational.  DBU was written up ten days ago as a "team to watch" from many sources.

From OregonLive: "the Ducks offense has been producing at a higher rate in batting average, extra-base hits and runs to help lead a nine-game win streak.  Oregon (40-20) has surged at the plate, hitting .331 — which would rank third nationally if done over the entire season — with 76 runs thanks to 28 doubles, four triples and eight home runs over its last nine games. Even over the last six games against NCAA Tournament teams, UO is hitting .312 with 49 runs with 15 doubles, two triples and seven homers."

My concern?  ORU has great starters at pitcher, while Oregon has a good bullpen.  Both teams hit the ball really well, thus my worries are that their hitters will get to our starters before we can get to theirs.  Thoughts?

Mr. FishDuck