Southwest Duck

Boundary Safety

I think the weakest spot in the secondary is boundary safety.  Too soft of coverage and slow in run support. 

My suggestion to fix this would be to move Jamal hill to that spot.  He’s got a little Kam Chancelor vibe to him and could be a dominant safety.  

With  Bennett Williams playing so well at the star.  I say start a secondary lineup that looks like this:

boundary corner. Manning or james

field corner wright

star/ nickel. Bennett Williams

field safety vm3

boundary safety Jamal Hill

Jamal hill was arguably a top 3-4 defensive player for the ducks last season, get him on the field more and this d will get more stout!

Edited by Southwest Duck

By the end of the season last year--no doubt that Hill was a stud.  He's working his way out of the doghouse, and I like your thoughts.

Jamal Hill_247 Video.jpg

He doesn't have the "guns" of a typical defensive back...

Mr. FishDuck

Something needs to be done to tighten the coverage up a bit. 

I sorta get the feeling that there is a general lack of expirence right now that is creating more missed assignments in the zone defense which then creates holes. 

Zone is a lot harder to get players to learn because the assignments are so much more fluid. It might be time for some good old fashioned man defense and get some heat on some of these recievers.

I would like to see a little more man d too.  It seems Arizona burned us often with dump off passes to their rbs.

Fingers crossed Tim D figures it out and finds a way to get B Williams and Jamal Hill on the field at the same time! 

Eventually counting on multiple turnovers to win each game will catch up to us.

Go Ducks! 

I think job assignments and a deeper understanding of the defense is the biggest problem with this young Oregon team. 

Getting Hill on the field more would be a good thing. 

I do believe DeRuyter is looking at this and is not satisfied with the results and is working to improve it. 

I just wish it didn't take so long.