Jon Joseph

College Football News (CFN) Prediction for Every P5/G5 Conference Game and Title in 2023

CFN is out with its prediction of the teams that will play in their conference champ games and a win/loss prediction for every game on the 2023 schedule. Pete Fiutak at CFN always comes early with these predictions but on many occasions, his predictions, not necessarily game-by-game, but the teams playing for conference titles have come to fruition.

A few thoughts in regard to Pete's projections.

ACC - Clemson vs Pitt. I have no beef here but wanted to point out that CFN has Miami and Mari finishing in 5th place. Going bowling in 2023 would be a step up 

AAC - Love for SMU here with the Ponies predicted to play in the title game.

B12 - The champ game nightmare for our B12 'buddies.' Texas vs Oklahoma in the champ game. I'm hoping that Pete is spot-on here. 

B1G - Michigan plays Wisconsin for the B1G title but with Michigan going 12-1 and Ohio State 11-1 both would be looking good for a spot in the final Final 4. If wishes were Cougars Wazzu will take down Wisconsin back-to-back.

Mountain West - Some love for SDSU here with the Aztecs playing Boise for the title. I would love it if SDSU defeats UCLA at the Dragon. And the Bruins best watch out against Coastal Carolina and stud QB Grayson McCall.

SEC - Georgia vs Alabama with Georgia coming in 11-1 and Bama at 10-2. And Georgia taking a loss at home vs the Ole Kiffins. Not so fast friend Pete. I see the Dawgs coming in at 12-0 and playing an 11-1 or 10-2 LSU with the Tigers giving UGA a much better champ game fight than LSU put up in 2022. 

Pac-12 - Pete has an 11-1 USC, with the loss coming in Eugene, playing 10-2 Utah for the title. Pete predicts that Oregon will finish 9-3 taking the L at Texas Tech, Utah, and ASU! The Devils you say! Come On Man! FWIW, I pulled the trigger yesterday and I have OBD at +330 to win the conference title in 2023. My biggest concern in this regard is Oregon coming off the Civil War game while USC in the ultimate week of the regular season plays the University of Nemo (No One.)

Your thoughts? 

https://collegefootballnews.com/predictions/college-football-conference-predictions-what-will-the-final-standings-be

image.thumb.gif.6a6048bdf8af35dc3727adaaca936876.gif

Edited by Jon Joseph

Some B12 coach's thoughts on B12 teams including Texas Tech. Tech- 'Awful place to play. Loud as hell.' I'd add, in September, Hot As Hell!

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-12-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-for-2023

B1G Saturday guy weighs in. I agree with Ohio State winning the East in the B1G's last season with divisions.

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

See Saturday Tradition writer Alex Hickey's would-be ballot for the 2023 Big Ten predicted order of finish and preseason player...