Legion

Inching Closer to the Inevitable

WWW.ESPN.COM

Commissioner Tony Petitti was tasked with bringing Big Ten presidents back more information on the potential additions of...

I am sure many of you saw this...I just added it for those who missed it.

This sucks for college football...as number have already voiced, the Ducks will be fine, but I have my reservations about the game as we knew it. 

Analyzing the Big 10's play, its like they are signaling to the 4 corner schools: 'Oregon and Washington will have a landing spot, so you'd better take this Olive Branch being extended by the Big 12.' 

Notice the timing...all before this Arizona meeting tonight. I get the notion that the Big 10 doesn't want to be the one pulling the string that unravels the Pac. They want some one else to do that so they can just be there to innocuously swoop in and pick up the most significance brands leftover and 'on the cheap' (Oregon won't receive full amount). 

Is this a bluff by the Big 10? If the Arizona's school call it bluff, does the Big 10 continue to play the waiting game? I not sure the Arizona school and Utah can take that chance, because Oregon and Dawgs won't think twice on bailing on their conference.