CalBear95

USC is a Legal Nightmare for BIG

When I read the articles about USC singling out the Ducks for exclusion I had several reactions:

1) Shock/disbelief

2) Not shocked/surprised

3) Appalled

4) Vindication (I never bought the 'if they wanted the Ducks they would have taken them..' blah blah blah!)

5) Judgmental thinking about USC

Seeing all the posts from Charles on the content being generated on the USC boards only reinforced all of the above.

What didn't hit me until today is that the BIG had to have hated that information seeing the light of day.  And if the reporting is to be believed, I can't believe BIG tacitly agreed to USC's request.  Because that is the definition of anticompetitive predatory behavior.  And USC has just opened the door to a ton of lawsuits against themselves and the BIG.

The entire CFP format was created with an extreme sensitivity to this very issue.

And USC just came out and said, 'let me use the BIG's market power to crush Oregon.'  I think this is why USC has gone above beyond about how 'excited' they are (their fanbase hasn't got the message just yet and are gleefully saying the quiet parts way out loud)

I would be surprised if we don't see lawsuits stemming from this OR if they stem from a tangential issue for this to be offered up as evidence of intent.

So, I can't imagine the BIG's lawyers were in any way pleased the story came out (and probably more so that the old regime was foolish enough to participate).

Edited by Smith72
capitalize titles

Just more SUC being SUC. This time for the whole world to see.

Best, sweetest, revenge, is simple.

Man up and stomp the pettiness into a maroon n tarnished brass puddle every time the opportunity presents itself.

Leave no doubt who the new B1G trophy duck is!