Charles Fischer

Oregon's B1G Competition in Softball & Baseball-National Rankings

When it comes to Softball, there are four of the future B1G teams that ended in the top 25 in June, and THREE of the four come from the old Pac-12.

No. 5 Washington

No. 12 Northwestern

No. 13 UCLA

No. 15 Oregon

When it comes to Baseball?  Whew!  Below are ALL THE TEAMS of the new B1G that were ranked in the top 25 in June.  (D1 Baseball website)

No. 12 Oregon

That's it!  I think our Diamond Ducks could do pretty well in this conference!

Sabin Ceballos.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/7/2023 at 2:33 PM, Charles Fischer said:

That's it!  I think our Diamond Ducks could do pretty well in this conference!

If the athletes survive the travel to Piscataway and East Lansing and Columbus, etc. !  Tweets I've seen from softball players are 100% negative on going to the B1G...

Edited by Cacker Guy

On 8/7/2023 at 4:03 PM, Cacker Guy said:

If the athletes survive the travel to Piscataway and East Lansing and Columbus, etc. !  Tweets I've seen from softball players are 100% negative on going to the B1G...

Right.  And do they think the majority of the fans wanted this?  Meanwhile it is being sold as a great thing to LA teams?  We are all being pulled into this....

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Plus, the argument that going to a weaker league is better for baseball and softball (and other sports such as track & field)  is directly counter to the argument that going to the stronger B1G is better for football.  Arguments for going to the B1G for football (except money) include better recruiting, better exposure, etc.  Wouldn't that mean worse recruiting, worse exposure for minor sports if we are in a weaker league for them?

Charles, I don't disagree with you.  I agree we are all being pulled into this.  I  know that many of our diamond players came to UO because they wanted to play in the PAC.  Will they still come?

Edited by Cacker Guy

On 8/7/2023 at 4:28 PM, Cacker Guy said:

I  know that many of our diamond players came to UO because they wanted to play in the PAC.  Will they still come?

Believe me, I do not like the travel for our minor sports.  And showing how Baseball will be a bit easier for Oregon is yours-truly trying to make the best of it again.

And yes--we will still recruit well for Baseball because...

--Waz develops players, and they can see it.

--We now have a hitters park.

--Waz will schedule tough non-league games and our RPI will be excellent.

--We will still play USC and UCLA in Baseball, and the damn Huskies beat us this year too.

--We are OREGON for crying out loud!  Our brand, our stadium and facilities...

The momentum in Oregon Baseball is surging...

Baseball_Kevin Cline.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/7/2023 at 4:38 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Believe me, I do not like the travel for our minor sports.  And showing how Baseball will be a bit easier for Oregon is yours-truly trying to make the best of it again

Good for you, Charles!!  Keep it up!  I appreciate it.  I'm surprised at how sad this has made me.