Charles Fischer

Will Stein: 'Make Sure We Are Scoring Touchdowns'

I know this was posted in the podcasts thread, and it is 55 minutes long--but it is not boring at all.  You learn a TON about Will Stein, and will feel not just better about him, but highly encouraged.  For a fun lunchtime, or something at night--I highly recommend it.

This young man has been winning at every football stage in his life starting as a quarterback at kindergarten age....for the 3rd/4th grader team!  He was a walk-on college quarterback who became the starter at Louisville until injury stopped him.

He is only 5'9" and thus has to think his way through things on the field, of which has been a natural transition into a coach.  He is VERY energetic, and always has been, although we did not see it much in the spring due to getting acquainted with the Ducks.  He is dedication to "bringing the passion" to his players, and I do not think you will see much difference in that department from Kenny Dillingham.  Some quotes were...

"My job is to make sure we're scoring touchdowns. How do we do that? Run it 50 times, and throw it 50 times.."

"Give them a plan, go practice it, and then let them play.  I want them to play-free."

"Don't overcomplicate the game."

GODUCKS.COM

The latest episode of the Mighty Oregon Podcast features first-year offensive coordinator Will Stein.

• Salute 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great interview!

Let's play watch some football!