HDuck

Nate Costa Leaves Nevada

Nevada (Reno) announces QB coach Nate Costa has resigned.  OC/TE coach Derek Sage will coach the quarterbacks. 

Nevada opens season Sept. 2 at USC.  USC will have already played San Jose State the prior weekend.

Costa was part of Ken Wilson's original Nevada staff and was working with the team for its second fall camp scrimmage over the weekend. This marked his first full-time FBS assistant job after serving on Oregon's staff for six years, including stints as a graduate assistant (2013-15) and offensive analyst (2019-21). He also worked at UCLA as an analyst in 2018 and at IMG Academy in 2017.

Costa played for Oregon at quarterback from 2006-10 and was a captain of the Ducks during his senior season.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I always enjoyed Costa when he was onTalkin' Ducks and various other Duck talk shows.

But I especially enjoy

THEATHLETIC.COM

If not for a heady play by Costa, then the holder on kicks and now a Ducks staffer, that ’09 Rose Bowl trip likely wouldn't have happened.

Edited by Annie

Sounds like personal issues.

Leaving a week before first game...

Hope all goes well for him.

• Like 1

Yeah- hope all is well with him.   Very decent guy.  Can't imagine he got another job offer at this point in time.

Maybe he could come back to Eugene as an offensive analyst again.  Cushy job with no in-game pressure and familiar surroundings.  Plus maybe he could being back a little of the Chip Kelly hyper-speed influence to the offense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Other than being an alum and a really good guy, he has no real connection to DL.   Not saying that eliminates him but just think Dan might go after people he has connections with.  No insights just my $.02 cents

• Applause 1