GatOrlando

Let's Just Petition for This...

With Cal and Stanford going to the ACC, it got me thinking. Every future remaining P4 league has at least two representatives in the PAC. Except one....

I would like an excuse to go up to Oregon and Washington in the Fall. There are two remaining members that would probably take a steep reduced rate to remain in a P4 league..... You see where I'm going here? Let's petition the Sun Belt to get the Beavers and Cougars in!!!

No that's not right I said P4. Let's get the SEC to invite two Northwest schools into the league. Forcing Nick Saban into travelling to Pullman in November may just get him to retire. Two straight weeks in the great Northwest in November for the Tide, then the Longhorns the next year.

Let's get it done, we need a yearlong battle royale in the PAC. Four B1G and Big 12 teams, and two SEC and ACC teams. Plus I actually wouldn't mind going to a Fall game up in the northwest.

• Haha 1

I think a Southerner would be shocked at the size of Martin Stadium in Pullman. It’s like a high school stadium, but with a huge press box. Judging from the amount of fans Tennessee brought to Eugene, visiting fans from the SEC would probably fill 60-70% of that place by themselves. 

Getting to Pullman isn’t bad. I drove there from Spokane for the Duck game in 2014. They have students/fans set up on the side of the highway waving huge WSU flags every 5-10 miles or so. Getting out of Pullman after the game is another story. There aren’t many avenues to get out of town and every highway is only 2 lanes. It took us 3-4 hours to get back to Spokane after the game.

Bad game day traffic is probably commonplace in the SEC because of the size of the stadiums. I’ve only been to Williams-Brice, but they open all lanes for travel in one direction to get to the freeway. Autzen is pretty easy. I always parked at the Masonic Lodge and traffic was usually cleared out in an hour.