Pennsylvania Duck

Dan Lanning Weekly Press Conference | September 18, 2023

Head Coach Dan Lanning meets with the media ahead of #10 Oregon Football's matchup vs. #19 Colorado

Dan Lanning talks Deion Sanders, Shedeur Sanders, and Travis Hunter ahead of Week 4 - Transcript

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Dan Lanning. Deion Sanders. Bo Nix. Shedeur Sanders. Travis Hunter. Autzen Stadium. A press conference you don’t want to...

One of the things I really appreciate about Dan Lanning is he is never satisfied.  That guy is all business. He is more intense than he was Saturday.  He is hungry.

I certainly hope that level of intensity and focus rubs off on the players.  If they match that level of energy, this team is could be scary.

The last time I saw that kind of quiet ferocity, college football changed forever because this underated defense backed an offense nobody had ever seen before, which made Oregon a media darling.  

Look at the players the next few weeks.  If you see less hotdogging, and more intensity on the playing field, we are going to see some of the best football we've ever seen from OBD. 

Fingers crossed!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lanning has always preached "Main Thing". This presser he masterfully kept the main thing the main thing.

They tried to bait him. Some really dumb questions asked. DL seems locked in and focused. Doesn't seem caught up in outside noise.

Well done coach.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2023 at 6:01 AM, Log Haulin said:

Lanning has always preached "Main Thing". This presser he masterfully kept the main thing the main thing.

They tried to bait him. Some really dumb questions asked. DL seems locked in and focused. Doesn't seem caught up in outside noise.

Well done coach.

Totally agree.  Dan is intense for sure and I like his 'main thing' emphasis.

Some of the media peeps try so hard to get him to say stuff that will seem like a 'big scoop' and he just plays it very cool.  He's pretty astute with the media.