Charles Fischer

If the Game Goes Bad....THIS is for You

GameDay threads are where people lose their minds, and all semblance of rationality.  I cannot tell you how many blow-ups we have had, people--good people who are no longer on this site because they could not control themselves.

Discussing negative is fine.

Being angry at the negative plays is fine, and normal.

Going over-the-top and venting repeatedly on fellow Duck fans is not.

We lost a couple of good people and a great FishDuck writer last year from the Washington game fallout. I always have trouble explaining where the line of rationality is, because you all know what a crazy fan I am, and I physically get sick when we lose. Yet, even I can see a line...

I need a safe environment for people to post, and most important to read.  Nobody wants to read banal utterances umpteen times...

So, the Dr. Pepper commercial was perfect in conveying what I deal with.  I guarantee you--someone in this forum will write the following in the future...

Fanatic Fans.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I love that commercial!

Mr. FishDuck

Feels like we found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This one stings

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2023 at 4:30 PM, CjAllen180 said:

Feels like we found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This one stings

Yes, taking a field goal on one of those 4th down-plays near the Dawgs goal line would have gotten us a chance in OT.  Two of them would have won the game for us. 

Hindsight frequently shows the most aggressive play is to take the sure points and leave the posturing for another time or the other guy.  

Just MHO.  Your mileage may vary.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Tebow pickle jar commercial took some of the sting out, for me. Tough loss.