GatOrlando

USC Is Getting Throttled

Twenty Four to Three with a little over a minute to go in the first half. Second straight week they've gone down big early. I don't know if that'll make you guys feel any better.

Edited by GatOrlando

Not really. I wanted the Trojans to be highly rated strutting into Autzen so that Oregon could have been the team to expose them. 

It doesn’t make me feel better. ND is suspect and USC is showing what we knew they were. I would rather the USuC farce would have made it to our game with them undefeated and outragously ranked as they have been. The farce would have worked in our favor.

But if being honest with myself, I knew that this was coming and it could be that USuC will not even be ranked by the time they come to Autzen. We would be better off if we run the table going forward against what is perceived as strong opponents. It is my belief that USuC is not one of those. Their defense is completely suspect and has shown that when they play a team that can score, they will be on the short end of the scoreboard.

But, we still hold our fate in our own hands, if we can win out and rematch with the puppies on a neutral site. So, nevermind. I do like seeing the condoms getting trounced. 

Losing a game like today is worse in a'lot of ways, than getting blown out. If Washington blew you out by twenty, you would be upset. But it would show you there is a distance to be made up. For example the college football playoff last year 

TCU got blown out by Georgia. It was never a game. Those guys left that field knowing they outperformed every expectation. They just didn't have the horses. Ohio State meanwhile blew a double digit lead, and missed the game winning kick. For all time they will have a missing piece in their trophy room. They had the horses, better horses in fact. They failed to meet their expectations.

But the good news for you guys , this is early October. The ACC trio of undefeated are gonna beat each other. Likewise the trio of B1G undefeateds. Oklahoma has a clear path though, and even if they lose to say Texas. One of those two will get a spot if they both win out leading to their rematch.

What you need to do is win out. Have a team like Miami somehow beat North Carolina, and Florida State. They already have that loss to Georgia Tech, they aren't getting in ahead of a one loss PAC champion.

Then you have Texas/Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State, and a one loss PAC champion Oregon in the playoff. So oddly enough, you need Super Mario to win tonight, and beat the Seminoles.

Edited by GatOrlando

Pittsburgh is about to beat one of those undefeated ACC teams btw. Up 38 to 21. Three minutes to go.

USC trailing 31-13, late third quarter. Williams has thrown three picks 

Edited by GatOrlando

USC is a typical Lincoln Riley coached team - all offense and no defense, and getting exposed by Notre Dame. I actually hope USC does pull out the win to help our SOS.

Down 48 to 20 now. Three minutes. Is Penix now the Heisman favorite?

On 10/14/2023 at 7:11 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

USC is a typical Lincoln Riley coached team - all offense and no defense, and getting exposed by Notre Dame. I actually hope USC does pull out the win to help our SOS.

I don't think you'll need it. Win out, and you guys are practically a lock. It does take away the luster of what would have been your last game against USC though. Had they gotten away to the B1G without Puddles on their trail.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. Usuc looks like the do suc in this game. ND created 3 turnovers in the last 3 minutes... 48-30 is gonna leave a mark.

Sad to say but ND is gonna jump in the polls.

Notre Dame got beat soundly last week by Louisville. A Louisville squad that just got beat pretty bad by Pittsburgh. A Pittsburgh squad that got beat pretty bad by Cincinnati. A Cincinnati squad that got beat pretty bad by Iowa State. Transitive properties mean little. But I thought Notre Dame was still ranked. They're not a threat to make the playoff anymore, so to me they're not anybody to worry about.

This just reinforces how a Lincoln Riley team will never win a championship. Not due to a lack of talent, but toughness. Oregon is going to punch them in the nose. USC won't get up for a second shot.