Pennsylvania Duck

Updated AP Top 25, Coaches Poll Rankings After Week 7

WWW.SPORTINGNEWS.COM

Here's a look at how the rankings are shaping up after Week 7 of the college football season.

• Applause 1

Joel Klatt still very high on Oregon Ducks despite loss to Washington

The Oregon Ducks suffered their first loss of the 2023 season on Saturday afternoon, falling to the No. 7 Washington Huskies, 36-33, in a thrilling game that will go down as one of the best matchups of the season.

Despite the loss, I’m not sure that many people who know college football in the nation feel worse about the Ducks than they did before the game.

Sure, you would have liked to see some better execution in fourth-down situations for the Ducks. But going into this game, the biggest knock on Oregon was that they hadn’t played anyone, so we weren’t sure how good they really were.

Well, now they’ve played one of the best teams in the nation, and they had more total yards, rushing yards, passing yards, first downs, and fewer turnovers.

That’s a team that deserves to hold its ground in the polls, in my opinion.

FOX Sports analyst Joel Klatt feels the same way, keeping the Ducks inside the top 10 in his recent poll update.

Here’s where things stand in his opinion after Week 7...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Joel Klatt still very high on Oregon Ducks despite loss to Washington

• Great post! 1

Week 7 AP Poll - I am pleasantly surprised that Oregon dropped only one spot. This shows respect for Oregon and this season's Pac-12. 

Pac-12 - 6/ ACC - 4/ B1G - 4 ('new B1G' - 8), B 12 - 2 and both are leaving town, and the SEC - 6 ('new SEC" - 8.)  The B1G and the SEC with 16 of 25 teams putatively ranked in 2024 cement a world with a CFB Power 2.

2024 Playoff accounting for realignment, 5 champs + 7 at-large teams.

1. Georgia - SEC vs. 9. Texas at 8. Penn State

2. Michigan - B1G vs. 10. OREGON at 7. Oklahoma

3. FSU - ACC vs. 11. UNC at 6. Washington

4. Oregon State - MW vs. 12. Utah B12 at 5. Ohio State (Not joining the MW and staying with a Pac-2 could screw up the Beavers PO chances.)

5 B1G/ 3 SEC/ 2 ACC/ 1 B12/ 1 MW 

It's honestly very very encouraging that Oregon only slipped one spot, yes we're behind Texas who also has one loss, but Texas has a better win than us, so that's fine, if we win out I'm still fairly confident we'll get into the playoff.  

If we win out we'll have some good wins, could have used WSU not cougin it last night, but Utah, OSU, and UW will probably be enough.

I can't say I how happy I am to see where Oregon is ranked! The lost to Washington still hurts, but we are still two spots ahead of a one loss Alabama team.

I'll take that!  If the ranker-folks think a one loss Oregon team is better than a one loss Alabama team, UofO is getting great respect.

I think in the past you would have automatically seen Alabama jump Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 1

FYI: Here are ESPN rankings

WWW.ESPN.COM

ESPN writers rank the best teams in college football after Week 7 of the 2023 season.