Jon Joseph

OREGON -14.5 vs CAL O/U 55.5

Oregon has covered the spread one time in 2021. Remember the game in Columbus ? SIGH

Oregon and CAL have combined this season for 60 points on average. With the Oregon D dinged up I am taking the Over.

Now 9-5 on the season. Almost had the 63.5 over TX/OK at half time.

UF 42 vs Vandy 0 covered the 38.5 over.

But Va Tech could not hang on vs ND.

Assuming that Oregon does not make any major changes, and that is probably a very good assumption, I think it would be tough for Oregon to cover the spread.  So assuming that Oregon is still vulnerable to the short passes and gives up a lot of yards. Cal gets 24.  That means that Oregon has to score over 38 to cover.  I don't think it happens, especially with Verdell out.  I predict Oregon wins by 7, they get scared a little, and the pull away late. 

I never pay any attention to over/under.  You never know when a game is going to offensive or defensive minded.  But according to my prediction, the combined score is 55  (31 to 24), so I would take the under by half a point.  

On 10/12/2021 at 3:35 AM, oregon112 said:

Assuming that Oregon does not make any major changes, and that is probably a very good assumption, I think it would be tough for Oregon to cover the spread.  So assuming that Oregon is still vulnerable to the short passes and gives up a lot of yards. Cal gets 24.  That means that Oregon has to score over 38 to cover.  I don't think it happens, especially with Verdell out.  I predict Oregon wins by 7, they get scared a little, and the pull away late. 

I never pay any attention to over/under.  You never know when a game is going to offensive or defensive minded.  But according to my prediction, the combined score is 55  (31 to 24), so I would take the under by half a point.  

Great take. O/Us (UO?) are often the best bets on the board? Especially in this day and age of hyped up offenses. I usually play 1 O/U every week and such is the case this week with playing the CAL/OR over 55.5. But make no mistake, your take on the game could be spot on? I agree that the game could be close in the 4th quarter and could go right down to the wire. 

Which CAL teams show? The team that could not score at home against WAZZU? Or the team that put up 32 points at TCU? Which Ducks team shows? I have no idea. (BTW, WSU is looking kind of scary? WSU has had the lead in the 4th Q of every game it has played this season.)

I am also taking 2 SEC teams and laying the points. I like #1 Georgia -22.5 to prove to #11 Kentucky, 'Tween the Hedges, that there is a big difference between SEC heavyweights and SEC middleweights.

Later in the day in Starkville, Mississippi, I expect a ticked off Saint Nick and his #5 Alabama crew -17.5, will board the NR Mississippi State Bulldogs ship and put a cowbell upside the head of The Pirate.

I'm having a pretty good year at 9-5 with 1 SU win when Va Tech defeated UNC (should have been 2 VT SU if the Hokies had not surrendered the lead last Saturday to the Domers) but fortune is fickle. 

Why I do this for fun; I never bet a ton.

I was thinking the same exact thing about the next Alabama game.  Unfortunately, I don't feel the same way about the upcoming Oregon game.  Cristobal will probably get mad and call for more running plays.