Thomallister1291

Is Oregon's BlueSky Social Account Real? Because if Yes...

Prior to August 4th, the uncertainty about Oregon's future home after the departures of USC, UCLA and Colorado from the Pac-12 was strong, but a few days prior, Brutus Buckeye, the Ohio State mascot, gave a clue for something that eventually turned out to be true.

Oregon was joining the Big Ten.

While the original post, captioned "BIG things coming", was only posted by the OSU mascot in Instagram, there was a sister to it, there's a social media named BlueSky Social that is intending to be an alternative to Twitter/X, and there was an account for the University of Oregon's athletic programs, with a post very similar to Brutus' accompanied by the same picture, but, the question still remains...

Does Oregon actually have a BlueSky Social account? 

It's actually a debate that continues to this day, and no one has figured it out, there's evidence going on like the fact they have never attempted to troll anyone and posts the same things as the Twitter account, but they do reply to fan posts in the platform, something that barely occurs in other social medias (albeit the low amount of followers may explain it).

If the athletic department does have an account there, then there's going to be news that will be received in a very mixed way, Oregon is not planning to shy away from tough competition in football and will schedule some SEC programs in home and home series', of course, I know that most people here want the Ducks to schedule incredibly bad teams, but I can't see the Ducks doing that in football, considering the Big Ten only plays 3 non-conference games and usually only one is in the road, in other sports like basketball, then I can see most of the schedule being filled with former Pac-12 foes.

But the question remains, is that account real or not? Because if it is, be prepared for SEC foes coming to Autzen Stadium.

image.png.8a32acf534ce34f4870416f048dc6361.png

I do not know if it is real, but I will inquire with the Athletic Department to find out.

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/23/2023 at 2:28 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I do not know if it is real, but I will inquire with the Athletic Department to find out.

Thanks for the clarification, I hope we solve the enigma.

I was just informed by the Assistant Athletic Director of Communications (whom I deal with often concerning media and photo passes for games) that Oregon Athletics has no such account, and the post from that account about SEC scheduling is bogus.

Good question, and thanks for initiating the clarification.  

Sorry, we will not play Alabama until the Playoffs, but I look forward to it then!

• Whew! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/23/2023 at 2:42 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I was just informed by the Assistant Athletic Director of Communications (whom I deal with often concerning media and photo passes for games) that Oregon Athletics has no such account, and the post from that account about SEC scheduling is bogus.

Sorry, we will not play Alabama until the Playoffs, but I look forward to it then!

Thanks, I'll just go report the account for impersonation, send me the proof and I'll attach it to the BlueSky team.

On 11/23/2023 at 2:42 PM, Charles Fischer said:

UPDATE: They deleted the posts replying to fans, including the SEC scheduling one.