Solar

Will NIL Push NFL Bound to Play in the Bowl Games Again?

Hearing Caleb Williams allude to possibly playing in the Leftover's Bowl makes me wonder if the NIL folks have leverage in different forms to get NFL-bound players to play either by contract requirements or by extra cash incentive.

You can certainly envision boosters saying "Hey! We payed you a million dollars to play this season, and you're gonna play the whole season!"

You can also envision players forced to play treating it like the NFL Pro Bowl where injury avoidance to the n-th degree takes precedence over the quality of their play.

Edited by Solar
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The positive spin I’ve heard about NIL is it can keep future late round picks from leaving college early because they would be taking a pay cut. I hope that happens with some of our Juniors.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:47 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

The positive spin I’ve heard about NIL is it can keep future late round picks from leaving college early because they would be taking a pay cut. I hope that happens with some of our Juniors.

The problem with that perspective is convincing them they will take a haircut in pay. Most players tend to think they are better than they are, and will fair better in the NFL than they will.

Agree and can you imagine seeing, 'we smoked it all,' Cliff Harris one more season in college rather than never again.

images.jpeg

They get a draft grade from the NFL that shows them their likely draft status. It isn’t always accurate though. Verone McKinley can attest to that.

• Thumbs Up 1