Duckman2

Is the Playoff Eye Test Being Equally Applied?

Remember how Alabama and Texas kept whining about being behind Oregon due to the eye test? But now they're citing the eye test to be ranked above an undefeated team?

Why is Alabama supposed to look so good against the eye test, anyway? Are the bad performances vs USF, Auburn, aTm and Arkansas all erased by the UGA game?

The Huskies failed the eye test multiple times and they got in ....

On 12/9/2023 at 5:15 PM, Duck 68 said:

The Huskies failed the eye test multiple times and they got in ....

The reality of the matter is that Michigan is the only playoff team that passes the eye test. Washington, Texas and Alabama do not pass the eye test. If FSU had made the playoffs, they wouldn’t pass the eye test either. 

Clearly FSU does not pass the eye test, but I’m not sure why people act like Alabama passes the eye test themselves. Yes, Michigan would be double digit favorites over FSU, but if Alabama was named Ole Miss and had the exact same results, they’d also be double digit underdogs to Michigan.

I see no reason why a one loss team that doesn’t pass the eye test should be selected over an undefeated team that doesn’t pass the eye test. 

On 12/9/2023 at 5:42 PM, Duckman2 said:

The reality of the matter is that Michigan is the only playoff team that passes the eye test. Washington, Texas and Alabama do not pass the eye test. If FSU had made the playoffs, they wouldn’t pass the eye test either. 

Clearly FSU does not pass the eye test, but I’m not sure why people act like Alabama passes the eye test themselves. Yes, Michigan would be double digit favorites over FSU, but if Alabama was named Ole Miss and had the exact same results, they’d also be double digit underdogs to Michigan.

I see no reason why a one loss team that doesn’t pass the eye test should be selected over an undefeated team that doesn’t pass the eye test. 

Michigan's O was stagnant in 3 out of the last 4 games. Against Iowa, Michigan rushed for less than 3 yards a carry.

The schedule Michigan played was embarrassing. Michigan ran roughshod over a bunch of crummy teams.

UW out-metrics Michigan in every category but total defense but UW played against offenses that could score points. 

Now, watch the Wolverines win the title. 

I tend to think Michigan will not beat Alabama.  One of the TV pundits, I think it was Petersen, said about the Michigan vs. Penn State game that it was like watching 1950's football in black and white. Alabama has more speed and it has team momentum.  With four weeks to prepare, Sabin will coach circles around Harbaugh.  And, my opionin is every bit as good as the next guy's opinion. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1