Chuc007

Mike Whitty Was Right

I never forgave Mike for telling me there was no Santa Clause while playing a pickup basketball game with him and telling him at age 6 and one half that I had to go home because Santa was coming.

It took awhile but I got my revenge as a junior in high school when we beat the pants off his Marshfield Pirates in football. Admittedly it was a rarity, they had this great coach named Pete Susick who lived and graduated from my high school,North Bend.

He was legendary. I bet you still can't beat my All American college golfer brother, Rick Seven. Your wife Jan was great to my parents also.

Your article was spot on.

Let's not forget how lucky we are to have Dan Lanning my fellow ducks. Most people were not alive in 6the 70s and early 80s when we were embarrassed every week.

Edited by Smith72
capitalize titles and spacing
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was right about the CFP committee choosing Alabama over FSU because their written protocol required that they make that choice.  But I was wrong about Santa, Chuck.  See “Yes, Virginia There is a Santa Clause” by E. B. White.  Please forgive me for that “big” kid mistake some 72 or so years ago when you were the “little” kid.

it was a pleasant surprise for Jan and me to find that your parents were our next door neighbors when we moved here in Eugene 23 years ago.  That neighborhood where we both grew up in Coos Bay was a great place for kids to have fun.  Seems to me that you were a Pirate before your folks moved and you became a Bulldog.

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 8:02 AM, Chuc007 said:

Let's not forget how lucky we are to have Dan Lanning my fellow ducks.

Loved this from Lanning's presser yesterday...

• Applause 1
  • Like 2