Charles Fischer

Liberty Receiver to Visit Oregon? The Mystery Visitor is...

It is rumored that CJ Daniels of Liberty (who went into the portal) is visiting Texas, and is thought to be visiting Oregon after that.  In my film study of Liberty--I thought he was an outstanding receiver, who did a great job of going up and just finding a way to come down with the ball.

Often the QB would just throw it up and let him outjump the competition.  I was impressed with him, and felt that Oregon's focus on taking him out of the game was a major component by our defense in the Fiesta Bowl victory. We allowed him some short passes and slants, but nothing deep downfield.

The mystery visitor this weekend is Jamaree Caldwell, a sizeable defensive lineman from Houston.

• Let’s hope! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Liberty QB Salter has withdrawn his name from the portal and will return to Liberty. No P4 opponents on Liberty's 2024 schedule and CUSA COY Chadwell back to coach the Flames. Liberty will be a contender for the 2024 PO 12 seed.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/6/2024 at 5:43 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Liberty QB Salter has withdrawn his name from the portal and will return to Liberty. No P4 opponents on Liberty's 2024 schedule and CUSA COY Chadwell back to coach the Flames. Liberty will be a contender for the 2024 PO 12 seed.

Oh wow, I thought for sure he was headed to Auburn. They must have come up with a solid NIL deal to keep him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon hosts former UTSA cornerback Kam Alexander for visit

Ducks Wire can now confirm previous reports that the Oregon Ducks hosted former UTSA Roadrunners cornerback Kam Alexander on a recruiting visit over the weekend.

The initial report came from On3, and since has been confirmed by sources with knowledge of the situation.

Alexander played a single season at UTSA after transferring from Sam Houston. At UTSA, he racked up 34 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 2 INTs, and 15 PBUs in 13 games. He entered the transfer portal in late December and has been taking a handful of visits since then.

Alexander has one year of eligibility remaining thanks to a redshirt season in 2022.

The Ducks lost starting CB Khyree Jackson to the NFL Draft this offseason, so they are looking at potential replacements in the transfer portal to add to an already talented group of young defensive backs on the roster.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks hosted former UTSA cornerback Kam Alexander on an official visit over the weekend.