NJDuck

Ranking the Oregon Ducks' Best Cinematic Recaps from the 2023 Season

There were a lot of great things that came out of the Oregon Ducks’ 2023 football season. Whether it was another year of double-digit wins, a Heisman campaign for quarterback Bo Nix, or a solidification of the Ducks as one of the premier teams in the world of college football, I think many fans would tell you after all is said and done that it was an incredibly successful season for Dan Lanning and his team.

In the end, I think one of the ways we will remember this season the most is for its introduction of the cinematic recap in Eugene.

For the first time ever, the Ducks deployed a video team to put together highlights in movie-like fashion after each win, giving fans a look at locker-room access, sideline conversations, and of course, touchdowns.

The recaps started after the Week 2 game vs. Texas Tech, and continued throughout the season, arguably getting better and better as time went on. We continually got more and more access, with the eventual introduction of coaches’ headset audio on the sideline and multiple looks at positional meetings throughout the week.

To help celebrate the year of the recap, I went through the 12 videos that were released by the team and ranked them from best to worst. Of course, the recaps that came in at the bottom of the rankings were not bad by any means, but they simply weren’t as spectacular as those at the top of the rankings.

Here is my definitive cinematic recap ranking from the 2023 season:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A ranking of the best cinematic recaps that the Oregon Ducks released throughout the 2023 college football season.

What would your order of rankings be?

• Thumbs Up 1

WOW.  What an awesome and smart! way to share even MORE with the fandom of OBD.  While also being a very effective recruiting and PR tool for the program.

I personally began anticipating and searched for these cinematics each week after the Colorado game recap dropped.  Loved the whole "playing for points vs clicks" quote by Lanning and gave me/us the first "true" exposure to DL being COACH Lanning.  You know.  The man that all these "boys to men" want to play for and sacrifice their blood, sweat, and tears in doing so.

Regarding the said cinematic rankings I would find anything hard to argue with.  Again the Colorado one was my favorite until the Utah one dropped.  Everything about that game week, including DL's appearance on GameDay (again giving us a glimpse of DL's "personality"), made that game more significant regarding the direction that this year's team would take.  So 💯 agree that Utah Cinematic was number one.

I anticipate that these will continue for the foreseeable future with a heavy emphasis on OBD's entrance and high level success moving into the B1G.  If they don't happen to continue may I suggest torches and pitchforks!  Go Ducks.  💕🦆🏈

• Applause 1
  • Like 1