DrJacksPlaidPants

The Benefits of OBD Being B1G Members

Teams like Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, etc. will no longer be able to fill our student section in the pre-season. However, I do expect them to fill at least 25% of the rest of Autzen Stadium unlike our old conference foes.

The Californians and Arizonans didn’t seem to care much for the weather in Eugene after September. Oregon will seem like Florida to the Midwesterners. They’ll have no problem with getting gouged by some entrepreneurial Duck fan looking to make a mortgage payment off of their end zone seats.

Note: The Tennessee game in 2013 was pretty bad as well. Lots of orange in the stands that day.

IMG_0044.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's a benefit!?

With the increase in big games at Autzen, I'm pretty sure we'll begin to hear more about an expansion of the north side of Autzen to match the South.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2024 at 9:09 PM, spartan2785 said:

That's a benefit!?

With the increase in big games at Autzen, I'm pretty sure we'll begin to hear more about an expansion of the north side of Autzen to match the South.

The benefit is our students will be in school during conference games, so their section won’t be filled with opposing fans like the Nebraska and Tennessee games. Ohio State is another fan base that gets around. Of course, none of them seem to live in Ohio anymore. You can’t swing a dead cat and not hit a Buckeye fan anywhere in the U.S. these days.

On 1/11/2024 at 6:21 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

The benefit is our students will be in school during conference games, so their section won’t be filled with opposing fans like the Nebraska and Tennessee games. Ohio State is another fan base that gets around. Of course, none of them seem to live in Ohio anymore. You can’t swing a dead cat and not hit a Buckeye fan anywhere in the U.S. these days.

Got it, I understand what you mean now.  Makes sense.

OREGON has a stadium-size of 17 out of 18 B1G teams. Only Northwestern's stadium size is smaller than Autzen's.

Expand without losing the enthusiastic crowd noise. And after that, build a hockey arena for an icy Puddles pond? Phil? One of these things is not like the other.

This site lists Autzen as the 13 biggest stadium in the new B1G.

NITTANYLIONSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Ranking Big Ten football stadiums by capacity following its 2024 expansion with USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington.