NJDuck

Crystal Ball Alert: Gatlin Bair to Oregon.

Oregon Picks up Two Big Predictions to Land 5-Star WR Gatlin Bair

National experts continue to echo that Oregon may very well be the team to beat for the top uncommitted player in the country.

The February National Signing Day is a little over a week away and the Ducks appear to be gaining steam with the top uncommitted recruit in the 2024 class.

Burley (ID) wide receiver Gatlin Bair has narrowed his recruitment to Oregon and Michigan ahead of announcing his decision on February 7.

On Monday two of the heavy hitters in the recruiting industry, Brandon Huffman and Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports, logged their predictions for Bair to commit to Oregon. 

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/oregon-picks-up-two-big-predictions-to-land-5-star-wr-gatlin-bair

• Let’s hope! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Look at the accuracy rate of both of them making this prediction, and the fact that they are both making the same crystal ball prediction?

Not a guarantee, but pretty darn good!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

He would be a nice get for OBD but TBH, I'm not that excited about Bair...primarily because he goes on a 2 year LDS mission right after high school so he wouldn't even be on campus until at 2026.  Add in development time he probably wouldn't be a meaningful contributor until 2027 at least.  

Great if we get him but right now I'm more excited about the other receivers we have in the 2024/2025 classes.

He runs a 10.15 100m and apparently his nickname is the Burley Blur, which is pretty great. I also kinda like the Stormin' Mormon.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I heard somewhere that he could possibly delay or skip his mission. Not sure if that is in play.